Cleaning a acrylic bong

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by GrabTheMic, Jul 10, 2011.

1. Ok I read the main cleaning thread but idk.
    So I have a small acrylic bong and I'm wondering how the hell am I gonna clean the bottom it's practically black from resin and it needs to be cleaned so what do I do?

Attached Files:

2. Don't use iso alcohol, that's for sure, perhaps try goo gone, hot and soapy water, and a toothbrush.

3. Find something what is non toxic and what won't ruin plastic.

But a lot of shit like that is weak and won't eat resin and simple green is a no no on that.

4. ^ what impact said. But make sure the water isnt too hot or it will melt the bong.

5. It's pretty damn near impossible to clean an acrylic completely. I'd suggest buying a glass bong. But all you can really do is scrub or find a cleaner that says it can be used to clean acrylic.

6. Would salt in the bathtub work?

7. Nope, salt is soluble in water, hence saltwater existing.

8. This. I had always just soaked it in soapy water for hours so the smell would go away. Use a toothbrush if needed.

9. Don't waste money on cleaners.

Just use soap and an old toothbruth

No matter what you use, you will never get the smell out.

Acrylic are throw away pieces really.

I sold my old to a newer smoker, If i didn't, i would of chunked it..

10. So OP did you manage to clean it out?

11. step one remove all water and weed
    step two lift bong and line it up with the garbage
    step three toss it in garbage
    step four click GC shop
    step five purchase glass on glass piece

12. [​IMG]

13. Yeah, sadly your bes bet is just to scrub what you can, maybe use a little dish soap to try to help with the smell. Generally they are made to be thrown away once the smell gets too bad. Even buying a very inexpensive glass piece is better simply because you can clean it, so if you do feel you need a new piece now I would recommend moving to glass.

14. Step one: Don't buy acrylic.

15. I hate glass heads.

I really do..

OP: Use simple green and hot water.

16. I have yet to even bother clean it(work and getting time alone to clean it) I figured soapy warm water if you can see the bong has three chambers and most of the resin and stuff is in the bottom chamber which is too far for a toothbrush how can I get to it?