Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Cleaned pipe with computer duster- safe?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by n415xj, Mar 5, 2015.

1. So, let me clarify the title; I'm not dumb enough to think that I can use Computer Duster to regularly clean out my pipe. What happened was last weekend, just before I smoked, I noticed that my little glass pipe was quite dirty and needed some cleaning. It had been a long day, and I guess my brain wasn't firing on all 4 cylinders, because I saw a can of Computer Duster next to my desk and thought "Hey!". So, I sprayed once into the pipe, then immediately realized how stupid I was being. Then, I got worried- would the pipe be safe to smoke out of? I know that there are idiots who get high off of this stuff, but I am not one of them as I assume that it is quite dangerous. I heated up the bowl in the hopes that I could evaporate some of it out, then ran some water through it. I figured that it was ok, so I lit up. Now, I hadn't smoked in over a week, but I noticed a slightly bitter taste. Also, I felt like I got more high more quickly than normal. This could have been a combination of my not having smoked in a while and paranoia, or was it the duster? If the pipe does need a through cleaning before its OK to smoke out of again, would some rubbing alcohol do the trick? 

Also, as a side note, if I clean out my pipe with rubbing alcohol, is it ready to go as soon as it dires out or should I leave it air out for a certain amount of time? I don't want to risk consuming any rubbing alcohol. Thanks!

2. #2 Flight96, Mar 5, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 5, 2015
    After you clean your pipe out with the rubbing alcohol just make sure to rinse good with tap water. Then, give the inside of the piece a good hard sniff. Smell any rubbing alcohol? If not, then you're good to go. If you do, then you need to keep rinsing with tap until you can't smell it anymore. Shouldn't take much at all though and no real need to wait for drying if its glass.

Peace and weed..Man i haven't been on this forum in fuckin forever lol

EDIT: As for the computer duster, i wouldn't know. When i spray mine i just get compressed air shooting out. I only really get the liquidy stuff shooting out when i FIRST buy it. Just give the pipe a home wash..(rubbing alcohol n' salt) and you should be good to go.