Cleaned bong smells slightly of rubbing alcohol still?

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by holmille, Mar 18, 2015.

1. Hi, this question is for the stoners out there who have ever cleaned their bong with 70% rubbing alcohol or any kind of that sort, and i was wondering if your bong has ever smelt after?
    plus I have a few other questions. 

1. Bong was very dirty before cleaning and cleaned it with rubbing alcohol and salt but didnt completely remove all the resin.
    Do you think the alcohol smell could be coming from it being stuck on the leftover resin?
    if so should i clean with alcohol again? 

2. Anyway to remove the alcohol smell?
    I washed out many times with dish soap and hot/cold water. 

3. Safe to use if still slightly smells like nose burning alcohol smell?

Thanks for your help[​IMG]

2. I wouldn't blaze out of it till that stench is out.

Try running under hot water for a minute or 2, then redo the cleaning procedure with alcohol and salt. (Try getting the alcohol hot as well to help make the resin build up come off easier.

Hope that helps

3. #3 beenstoned, Mar 18, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2015
    IMO the 420 formula black label is the best if you can get it. I just let it soak and swish it around a bit and it's brand new.

So that might get the alcohol smell out.

4. When I clean my pieces, I use 90% ISO and some coarse salt. If the ISO smell persists ( and sometimes it does) I just wash it out real well with hot, soapy water. I just keep rinsing till there is no more bubbles. That usually gets rid of any left over smells.

5. Hey dude, coming from a glassblower who has to clean glass all day long as part of the job I would say just clean with rubbing alcohol and rinse until it smells pure, nothing less than pure!!!

6. simple green 24 hours soak, not on any labels though.

or a nice 10 seconds heating of ISO 91%+ and shake and a quick 20 min soak. followed by a nice 10 min soak in hot water will give you a brand new piece

7. 91% and sea salt never use table salt contains iodine and leaves nasty water marks. And use distilled water for a final rinse and for smoking. My 2¢