Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Clean Pipe But Still Smells Like Resin?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Petrichor, Aug 17, 2014.

1. I usually use 420 solution to clean my pipe but I ran out and used rubbing alcahol with salt. It just takes a little longer but both seem to do the trick just fine. I have noticed however, that even after a good cleaning and rinsing my pipe still smells like resin. How do I get rid of the smell?

2. Putting it out in the sun helps get rid of smell, maybe soaking it in baking soda paste for a few hours/ a day. Weird that it still smells. If it smells there must be resin somewhere. Does it taste like it too when you inhale from it?

3. It's clear and I cannot see any resin at all so I don't think so... Looks brand new. It does taste like it a bit

4. It just does that sometimes.

5. #5 J5Boxes, Aug 17, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 17, 2014

Petrichor,

I know the smell you are talking about.

http://www.j5boxes.com/how-to-clean-a-smoking-pipe/

Be sure to clean the outside as well as the inside of your pipe. I have create a video about cleaning pipes. I also recommend a product called GrungeOff. This stuff is great, works pretty quickly, and leave a nice citrus scent when the cleaning is over.

Johnathan V.
    [​IMG]
    P.S.  J5 Boxes give you 40% more storage volume with their dugout one hitter box design. There are a variety of materials and color available in 3 fantastic design styles. Check out J5 Boxes store and get yours today. 

6. The smell can linger for a long time, even if you smell it after cleaning and you don't smell the resin, once you wet it or store it the smell can come back. As I found out to my disappointment when I cleaned out a jar that had lemon curd in it, to use for my skunk. I put a good 8 grams in the jar after cleaning it and after about 12 hours of being closed, I opened it and my weed STANK of some horrible milky/lemony smell and tasted kinda funky.

7. #7 blue spoon, Aug 18, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 18, 2014
    Seriously??? Nobody? My god. Rubbing alcohal and salt. Ultimate cleaner rince with hot water done. Fuck any store bought cleaners.

Actually i appoligize i just reread and u say u have tryed it. The really hot water helps too. And i actually use denatured alcohal its so much cheaper for the money and is better all around for this.

8. Depends what material the pipe is made out of i its metal yes you can make it look clean but metal in actual fact under a microscope is very jagged and microscopic resin particles will get stuck in between the pours of the metal virtually impossible to get rid of unless you get some badass cleanser

I am a bong

9. It's glass. Thank you guys!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum