Clean my Glass pipe

Discussion in 'General' started by skaman, Oct 12, 2006.

1. It's caked with resin throughout the whole thing, how can I quickly clean it? Without having to go through too much trouble?

2. Rubbing alcohol + table salt in a ziplock bag, shake it around for awhile, works wonders.:hello:

3. or you could always boil your bowl.

take a pan place some cold water in it since it boils faster....place the bowl in the water set on your stove and let the water boil.

pretty soon you will be able to see resin pooping out

4. i never boil, theres always the chance of cracking your glass from either the heat or bumping the sides of the pot. Alcohol and salt (i use epsoms since its larger than table salt) is much safer and if you shake your piece, faster too.

5. Eferdent denture cleaner, it always works. If you have money to blow go with Formula 420, my boss says white vinegar diluted with water (50/50) works really well.

6. My pipe has an "inertwined" chamber. I want to clean it out without loosing all of the resin... Is there anyway to do this? Most of it is liquid resin.

7. I used rubbing alcohol, now im kinda scared to use it. lol

8. asetone or paint thinner is also good to use for a common household item mix that with epsom salt/sea salt and it aughta come off easy

9. Nah man, I boiled my new bowl yesterday, which had Salvia resin in it... Which is a damn resilient resin, I tell you that much. It came out perfect. Like new.
    Now, when the probation officer comes over.. Or they raid my house again.. They can look at the bowl and not find one piece of resin to nail me with. :D

I also had to boil my bong's broken slider so I could take it in to Independent Records tomorrow and size up a new one.