Classic wooden pipe

Discussion in 'DIY and Homemade' started by richibands, Jan 29, 2020.

1. Made from oak. What you think, guys?
    PIPE bI COLOR.jpg

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. did you make this yourself? @TimJ has recently started making his own wood pipes. i bet he'd like to see this.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. yes myself

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Looks very nice. A couple of things you may want to consider. Copper is one of the most conductive materials on earth. It will heat up and hold the heat. Also, many people are allergic to the (tannins in oak) and it can make them very sick. You may not die. But, why chance it. The best domestic hardwood choices are fruitwoods and maple. Cherry makes a nice pipe and impart a sweetness to your smoke. The first three are left one maple two others cherry. The second picture is curly maple. Once again very nice looking pipe. I'd just suggest researching your wood choices and not using copper. 20200128_220121.jpg 20191113_104334.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  5. The newest two I made today are up front. Both Cherry and stippled with different sized cutters. 20200130_002304.jpg

6. Very nice!

• Like Like x 1
  7. Wood working is a hobby. I have a bunch of friends begging me for pipes. This run of 9 will be finished tomorrow. Then I'm back to carving wood spirits.

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. turner ..
    20190521_114334.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  9. Yes, I turn as well. I have lot's of post in the thread Something you've created!

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. I am wanting to make a black and white ebony Pipe .. just like the pool cue or to match my pool cue I made ..

• Like Like x 1
  11. All my pipes are safe to smoke out of ..
    All my pipes are brass, glass or aluminum tube lined .
    I am not restricted to only using certain woods that are deemed ok to use in smoking pipes because they are all have some kind of tubing going through the center.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1