Classic Rock vs Music Today

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by Jimi Thing, Sep 30, 2010.

1. Personally, I feel that rock and roll from the 60s and 70s was just exponentially better than most music out there today. Sure there's still a few bands out there that put out some good music, but if you turn on the radio or check the itunes top 100 it can be difficult to refrain from puking all over your computer screen/ dashboard. I think most of you will agree that mainstream music sucks, but for me it goes beyond that. Even today's good music just doesn't compare to bands like Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, The Beatles, Hendrix, Cream, The Doors, CCR, and the list just goes on and on. I'm not saying their aren't current bands that I enjoy listening to. I just don't think any of them can compare to the pioneers of rock and roll.

2. Man I thought the same thing about a year ago, but there is lots of good rock bands out there today. Just alot of them are not mainstream like back in the day.

3. yeah the biggest problem with todays music is that the industry doesnt give a fuck about talent, they just care about what makes money. There are some amazing current bands, but they never get any air time. You just gotta look a lot harder to find good music today compared to the classic stuff. Mainstream music in the 60s and 70s was amazing.

4. I would have to say I prefer Classic Rock but there is some artists today that are making music that has a lot in common with 60's psych rock that I really enjoy.

5. It's a scientific fact that music will never be as good as it was back then. Gone are the days when you had to record an entire song with analog recording equipment. Nowadays, the talent is found in the computer, not the singer.

6. Music today is definitely very different than it was in the 60s and 70s but in general I like music from back then more than music from today. There's definitely good music out today that never could have been made back then but if I had to pick one era to listen to forever it definitely wouldn't be what's out today.