Clammy Hands and Self-Consciousness... *girls read please*

Discussion in 'General' started by mistertr1ck, Feb 3, 2007.

1. okay so all my life i have been really selfconscious of my clammy hands. about 75% of the time they are warm and wet... not like.. dripping... but damp... 25% they are dry and normal.

so its always been really hard for me to ask a chick out or even high five my friends. its really irritating me and i hate it.

what are your views on clammy hands? should i be as selfconscious as i am? imagine holding hands with someone (bf/gf) and having their wet warm hands pressed up against yours. I FUCKING HATE IT!

please be honest... your honest opinions cant make it worse for me than it already is. and please dont give me some bs about how its not a big deal. just dont post if your going to do that.

thank you :poke: :)

2. I have the same problem.

3. If you find a girl and she won't date you because your hands are fuckin clammy, you probably shouldn't date her.

A lot of people have over-active sweat glands. You will find a girl that is accepting of you. It's really no big deal..

However, if you really want to, there is a surgery which can stop clammy hands. Something they do in the armpit. Search up google if you want.

4. ^thanks im gunna check it out.

BUMP

5. you could try baby powder

or rub deoderant on your hands, that'll dry em up hahaha

the baby powder thing is half serious, might or might not work, idk

and any girl that wont go out with you for that reason is not worth your time, i'd say dont worry too much about it, its annoying, but its not gonna hinder your chances

6. bumpage some more?

7. My ex was really sensitive about her clammy hands, I thought it was cute. My honest advice is to stop worrying about your hands so much. Nothing turns ladies off more than a guy who has no confidence. If you dont make anything of it, she wont.

8. you thought it was cute... ive actually hurd that before with my sister who had a bf that thought hers were "cute" in a sense.

still i dont see how it is.

9. dude i have some nasty BO and so i have to layer up on the deodorant and a good amount of axe or some shit. but for some reason one of my ex girlfriends said that on the average day when i havent worked out then she said i smelled good. and im like what ever dude but i guess if you can live with it then who gives a shit.

use it as a strength. tell a girl that you dont like it when people touch your hands and shit and then let her and be kinda standoffish on the whole thing but really let her and then she will kinda think of that as a trusting thing.

good luck finding the girl with warm hands. hope that works out and all.
    try washing your hands more

10. Regardless of weather it is cute or not, there is no need to get bent out of shape due to a natural body function. Humans perspire, its what we do. Don't be so self concious. If a girl doesnt want anything to do with you because your hands do what they were designed to do, then that isnt a woman worth worrying about. It's kinda like guys who get all bent out of shape about the size of their dicks. Use what you got, make it work to your advantage, and like I said, girls like nothing more than confidence.

Either that or you could just get your hands amputated, or just stay single for the rest of your life.

11. word word. ty for the responses guys

12. yeah man, seriously, it's only a thing if you make it a thing. my hands stay pretty dry most of the time, but holy shit do my pits work in overdrive. i bust through most deodorants in about 20 minutes. and ooooooo, if it's warm and humid out, goodnight. I mean, it's a problem that i'm not super fond of, and it might make one night stands a little easier if i were into that, but really i don't let it affect me. If someone calls me out, "dude, you're pittin a bit there" "that's what i do." and i brush it off.

The surgery's really simple. as of about 10 years ago, they'd go in a tiny hole in each armpit, and put clamps on certain nerves. I had a buddy who had handsweat so bad his hands would actually drip. Then he got the surgery (outpatient procedure, he was at school the next day. the only thing he couldn't do was work out or participate in strenuous activity for like a week or so, to let the incisions start to heal up good, to help avoid infection) and suddenly his hands were as dry as your knees. I'm told i'm not a great candidate for the surgery, that my problem's not quite bad enough. they want me to pay 20 bucks a stick for prescription deodorant. fuck that. i'll just sweat. I'm fairly successful with women when i want to be anyway, proves women aren't quite as into small physical defects as one might think.

13. aight word.. word.. but how expensive is the surgery? and what deodorant do u use? i dont have bad bo, but sometimes it gets a lil stingy due to living in northern virginia (humid like shit)

14. There is a surgery for clamy hands, now I don't know about the one under the armpit but I saw on 20/20 or w/e they were talkin about this surgery and they have to get very very close to your spine and it's actualy dangerous surgery and there is a possibility you will be paralyzed,
    *In my opinion don't worry man, if she digs you she digs you if she doesn't, she's not for you homie. You'll find one with aceptance sooner or later*

15. had the same thing

try to find some spray deoderant with no scent and spray it on when u wake up

not a lot tho

16. alright coo... yeah i tried some cream that wus for armits and it wus "extra dry" and it worked for about 5 mins.

17. I have no idea how much the surgery costs. we didn't discuss costs because i wasn't a good candidate. As far as the paralysis goes, it's not a huge concern. the clamps can be moved with little or no damage to the nerves themselves. how that works, i don't know, but that's what the doctor told me. And they only deal with the nerves outside the vertebrae. your spinal cord is safe.

As for the deodorant, I constantly have to rotate, or I seriously build up an immunity. like it won't work at all anymore, i'll bust it before i even get my shirt on if i get 2 or 3 sticks of the same thing in a row. The most effective ones i've used were arm and hammer, and mitchum. mitchum worked the best, but sadly that's where i found out that i build up immunities to deodorant, so i haven't used mitchum in years. right now i've got old spice high endurance clear solid. It works fine, for now. so far it takes me about an hour to bust through it.

18. whoopsie daisy.

19. yeah man, use some stuff people use on their feet, but put it on your hands. haha. goldbond or something.

or , just tell the people your around, or a girl that you might be getting into a bit, and just let them know about your hands first...let them know its a complex of yours....and try not to let your girl touch your hands when they are like that.

people have complex's...shit they cant control, if your with a girl and she doesnt understand that...then like what was said before...you should be with her. Find a girl thats more understanding, and you'll probably like her more anyways.

OR, go to clammy hands forum.com or something, and find a chick with the same problem.

20. seems to me like you would want an anti-persperant (sp?) rather that deoderent in the case of the original thread starter. As for smell you want to try something thats been ionized with negative ions. they bond to smell and neutralize it. I buy something at autozone for it, damn if I can remember what its called. stoned again