Civil Disobedience

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by BadCompany, Sep 23, 2004.

1. To me, probably the most effective way to change drugs laws is massive civil disobedience campaigns.

for example, assume that 10,000 people in every state one day all went to their respective capitals and lit up joints. This would overload the justice system and judges would start to categorically dismissing the cases as 'political arrests'. This may even cause a blur between political cases and say other possession or trafficking cases... until the DA will avoid any POT arrests because it might be construed as a political case.

Or, the US would actually try to jail them all and have to build huge jails for potsmokers and even 'conservatives' would start to complain about how its a waste of money to jail people for using a plant when we need more jail space for murderers/theives/rapists.

Another thing is that they will expose who the violent ones REALLY ARE... for example, if Average Joe American watches TV and see the govting arresting, perhap beating people, for simply lighting up a cigarette, he may start to feel that these potsmokers are innocent victims.... and that the govt is being a bully....

Then of course, most of the protestors would get out of jail quickly and go home... but the braver ones can go straight back to the capital and light up again... and some brave soul will get into a court and tell the judge, "I refuse to quit" thus condemning him to a lifelong jail sentence (what would they do?).

Then, of course, the most bravest people.... who would be considered as martyrs for all potsmokers for generations to come..... would go on hunger strikes like Ghandi and perhaps even die in jail as an innocent victim of Big Govt abuse of power.....

I feel that a huge civil disobedience campaign CAN work because its a fact that the COPS, and JUDGES and even the politicians who make the dumb laws REALLY DON"T WANT TO JAIL POTSMOKERS LIKE THE LAW ACTUALLY SAYS.... and if this campaign was large enough millions of people would come out of the woodwork... first Woody Harrelson and Bill Maher... then lawyers, doctors, judges and politicians would start coming out of the closet and admitting that they use pot..... so if potsmokers ACTUALLY wanted to go to jail (in hope of helping us all) it would screw up the entire legal system's hoax... which is make tough laws and don't enforce them. By starting a civil disobedience campaign it exposes the flaws in the drug laws.

OKAY... let's go to DC and light up a joint.... WHO IS WITH ME?????

2. OUR HEALTH IS IN YOUR HANDS
    Event Site Link: http://www.safeaccessnow.org/

Hello Friends and supporters,

Americans for Safe Access is co-hosting two days of events in DC October 4-5th with the Cancer, MS, Chronic Pain, Hep C, Mood Disorder, Seniors, and HIV/AIDS Patients Unions. This includes a rally at HHS's headquarters in DC on Tuesday the 5th called "Our Health is in YOUR Hands". We are asking all patients and patient advocates to join us in DC to demand that HHS do their job and call for the IMMEDIATE RESCHEDULING of MARIJUANA.

Please join patients in DC on October 4th & 5th and demand action from HHS, our health can not wait!

I can't go to that one though..gotta work.

Isn't there a national smoke out on the national mall on the fourth of july? I think I'm going to go to that..D.C. is awesome

3. I still say that CIVIL DISOBEDIENCE is the way to go to get the laws changed.... because it exposes the fallacy of the whole legal system which is this:

they want to scare us, but not really arrest us....

4. [​IMG]

"Why does everyone always sing the praises of civil disobedience? What good did it do for Gandhi? He's dead. What the hell is civil disobedience anyway? You can add the word "civil" to any crime (and yes, protesting is a crime, or will be if I'm elected in office), and suddenly it has a positive connotation? What next, civil first degree felony with aggravated assault? What's worse is that these black-foots stink up the streets with their VW bugs and harass the officers just trying to crack some skull."
    -Maddox

5. Civil in this case means "without harming anyone". And what it did for Ghandi? Why do you know his name? Because he fought his war with civil disobedience and got most of the worlds support for his case due to his peaceful fight

6. Wow... if that ain't a FULL BLOWN FASCIST SIGN WHAT IS...
    DARN the FASCISTS TO HELL WHERE THEY BELONG...
    Fascist make me puke and they are usually scrawny weakling that masterbate alot while thinking about wrestlers....

The funny part of THIS civil disobedience campaign is that IT HURTS NO ONE... and that is the POINT of it....

I mean even JAYWALKING can block traffic and cause a hectic situation... BUT this CIVIL DISOBEDIENCE HURTS NO ONE....

7. Really, Ghandi didn't do anything at all....EXCEPT create the nation of India.... yeah...he got nowhere....

Isn't Ghandi mentioned in the same sentences as Jesus and ML King... wait... oh yeah... ML King was into civil disobedience and if not for him the SOUTH would still be segregated and backwards...

8. Actually the march for medical marijuana will be an act of civil disobedience. How can all of these medical users march and not have several light up? They need it for their pain right? There will be, hopefully, thousands of MM users there and I for one will have to smoke something on the day of the march. My pain doesn't subside just because I'm involved in a march.

9. Amen to that. If we can't use it for medicinal purposes than we know the great harlot is fat for the slaughter. (sorry but)

Yet, I realize that EVEN PLANNING civil disobedience MIGHT be subject to racketeering charges.... but let's really think about it. If I tell you to get a joint and meet me and smoke it, am I really committing a crime? huh? Okay, but say that it is. Then, why don't we take the fight of CIVIL DISOBEDIENCE (and I say that with a big FUCK YOU to American govt) to the people that are currently being ARRESTED. What I am saying is that POT activists can use the freedom of information act to get data on who is being arrested for marijuana possesion. And use THEM as the Ghandi or ML King since they are already busted. Face it. Any of us can be busted at any minute really. And we would be cowards NOT to stick up for the potsmokers who ARE being busted. And, so far, my data says that 600,000 thousand marijuana arrests are made each year in the US (and 90,000 in the UK), most for possesion, this come from a Utah man that supports legalization and he says he got it from the FBI. so, if we can find out WHO is actually being jailed RIGHT NOW for smoking POT... THEY can be the true martyers of our cause... and WE can fight for THEM.

In any event, since the whole purpose of CIVIL DISOBEDIENCE is being jailed... this movement cannot be stopped.