Civil culture war?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by Ilikedrugs89, Sep 10, 2010.

1. It seems to me that there is a war against the creative counter culture that has become my generation and it all starts with our recreational drug use. Alot of times i feel like when i see my age doing drugs and not infringing on anyone someone's judging them. Looking at them in a rage of envy at the exciting time that they're having. The peace of mind that was brought to them. Don't get me wrong certain drugs have addictive properties as we all know but isn't that why they separated drugs by class? Our generation is certainly one for change and true peace even if that peace is achieved by people with vast differences taking a hit from the same bong. Really i just want to hear others people take on why they think that drugs have been demonized. I mean more people die from car accidents per year. Obviously my opinion is a little biased. Im one of those people whose had to go straight edge in order to succeed (for the time being). I just can never understand the resentment that people feel when they're at the park surrounded by 20 something year olds sitting in the grass watching the clouds transform into magical shapes.

2. Marajuna's connection to the counter culture is part of the reason why it is illegal. However, the vast majority of the people I know who smoke are the stereotypical American "jock".

The main reason it's illegal though is because the pharmecitucal, alcohol, tobacco, and synthetic fiber industries stand to lose big if its legalized.