Citizens lend me your eyes

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by paka, Feb 16, 2016.

1. Ok so I have a seedling that I completely f'd up by spraying it with water needless to say the drops acted like a magnifying glass and fried my poor baby... It's about 11 days old and looks nothing like its younger tentmate but I do see new growth starting to come in.. So my question is should I cut or clip the fried leaves that never developed and let my little seedling focus on the new growth that's coming in or should I just leave it alone so it could work itself out ??? Thanx in advance for the help.. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]this seedling is about 4 days younger [​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. just leave it alone. It will grown new leaves. You've already done enough damage. Leave the poor thing alone [​IMG]

3. Why has this never happened to me? I spray my young seedlings from the day they pop till I first start seeing pistils ...I do it with lights on all the time as I keep mine on 24 hrs they seem to like it idk...
    And yes I say leave it alone too

4. Thanx 4 the input

5. Update on my deformed plant... That I messed up but is bouncing back weirdly.. I ended up cutting the fried first leaves that come up with the cotyledons.. Did this cause I was noticing new growth and thought maybe I can redirect focus on the new growth well turns out I was right after I cut the fried portion by half the new growth took off like a weed..
    This is like 24hrs after I pruned it [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    These was taking about an hour form lights out today as you can see it's really funky looking and deformed but I love it just the same [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] so they will be on day 16 from sprout when the lights come on later today it's tent mate doing well and just for comparison here's a pic it's on day 12 [​IMG][​IMG]
    Thinking if my deformed plant ends up being female I'm a call it frankenbud... There prob is a strain called that already.. Lol

6. Side note: I've been treating water like a necessary evil.. Just a heads up any fellow noobz like myself water is not your friend it's something you should respect. And can possibly kill your plant I had 2 other seedling that "damped off" cause of overwater. The germing process where I was researching said it liked wet warm conditions I misinterpreted that and thought it meant wet almost monsoon condition silly me I over thought it.. Now I water when the dirt is absolutely dry and cups are light and worrying anymore on what day to water.. I check the tent temps prob 3 times a day.. And that's bout it.. And with this side note I'll put a side pic of my frankenbud... Cheers citizens.. Off to make the doughnuts!! [​IMG][​IMG]

7. The burning of your seedling likely came from having that LED light way too close to a tender young plant. I see on here all the time where people mist them with water, etc., but few who say that the misting burned their plants. LED lighting tends to be much stronger to the young plant than CFLs and has burned many a plant when they were started too close to it. But it should come back out on it's own and do fine. Just remember next time to give your seedlings some distance to adjust to the lighting before you bring it down too close. TWW

8. #8 paka, Feb 23, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 23, 2016
    My led is about 22" from the top my problem was I thought water was the most important thing and it really isn't most things I've read on germination always seemed to say that keep things wet and moist what they don't tell you is after sprout just leave it alone and don't mess with it... Lol growing guides are like bibles in the way that you can interpret what your reading into a 100 different things and you can ask 10 diff people the same thing and get 11 answers I'm learning as I go and taking in the tips with a grain of salt and just monitoring my temps.. Hopefully the theory that less is more will work in my favor... Cheers TWW...... ps. My other plant is about 4 days younger and seems to love the LED light...