Citizens in 21 States Petition to Secede from the Union after Obama Re-election

Discussion in 'General' started by Shoreline Gold, Nov 13, 2012.

1. [quote name='"Toronto Sun"']Within a week of U.S. President Barack Obama's re-election, citizens from 21 states have filed petitions asking to secede from the United States, according to the White House website.

Louisiana was first, posting its request on Nov. 7.

It was soon joined by Texas, on Nov. 9.

In asking for the president to "peacefully grant" permission for his state to withdraw from the union, creator Micah H., of Arlington, wrote: "To do so would protect its citizens' standard of living and re-secure their rights and liberties in accordance with the original ideas and beliefs of our founding fathers which are no longer being reflected by the federal government."

Petitioners have one month to obtain 25,000 signatures in order for the president to consider the request.

As of Monday morning, Louisiana had 13,197.

Texas had 17,260.

The petition from Florida was created Saturday -- the same day the state finally declared Obama the victor in this election after another controversial ballot count. On Monday morning, it had 4,823 signatures.

The other 18 states with requests for secession: Alabama, North and South Carolina, Kentucky, Mississippi, Tennessee, Michigan, Indiana, North Dakota, Montana, Colorado, Oregon, New Jersey, New York, Arkansas, Georgia and Missouri.

All quote a passage from the Declaration of Independence that reads "whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or abolish it, and institute new Government."[/QUOTE]

http://www.torontosun.com/2012/11/12/21-states-ask-to-secede-after-obama-re-election

This is absolutely appaling to read. Please, all you American blades, do not sign these petitions. I can't believe in this day and age, a civilized people would actually consider leaving their country because the election didn't go the way they wanted.

Maybe this is what they were talking about when they said there would be a global change in December of this year. The United States will no longer be the premiere country of the world. A dissolution of the Union would probably mean civil war and the loss of power.

Please don't let it come to that.

2. This wont happen.

3. I understand how they think the laws of our former government aren't being followed but people need to get the fuck over it. We have no damn choice. If you fight the system then the system makes you it's bitch.

4. i dont blame those states one bit, the federal government is looking out for itself only.

California would never be on that list, we're a hand out state and looking for any "freebies" the gov't has...

5. It's just a bunch of dumb hicks who are sour about the election. They'll shake the sand out of their vaginas soon enough & back down.

Or the President that they hate so much will tell them to fuck off and deny their request.

6. their requests will definitely be denied

7. I know that their requests will be denied. It's just that the last time some of those states wanted to leave the Union and were denied, your country fell into a horrible civil war, and with the citizens being armed the way they are in the US, another civil war isn't off the table. It's a scary thought.

8. there have been like 5 threads about this, i guess no one reads the forum. power to the people

9. wasn't the country better off after the last civil war?

while no one wants a civil war at some point if the government keeps refusing the peoples wants (and votes) it's bound to happen

10. Until civilians can own fighter jets and bombs I dont think anyone will have a chance at winning a civil war against the government

11. I'm pretty sure a state needs a majority (2/3) of its citizens to be pro-secession in order to actually secede.

Not gonna happen.

12. i think you only need 150 signatures for it to get posted on some gov website which is why we are even hearing about this

13. haha Obama is probably laughing his ass off at the plebs.

Its never going to happen.

Take a look at the states from outside, and you'll know why.

14. Fighter jets are worthless if your technicians tell you to fuck off.

15. #15 Chrismittty, Nov 13, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 15, 2012
    Whoa, 15 guests up in here... Guys, the world hates us Americans so I hear, so if we hate ourselves, were pretty much fuckeddd.

16. #16 shaggish, Nov 13, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2012
  17. Just what America needs - a make-believe Civil War - everyone grab your best high powered rifle and prepare kill your neighbor over the healthcare bill.

Christ. $15 trillion in debt, losing our rights constantly, thrown in jail for using grass, we're in no-win wars all over planet Earth - 900 military bases, and our government is owned by banking and corporate interests; but lets start a Civil War over Obamacare, and a black man being President who really doesn't care that much about black people.

:confused:

The Aristocratic class of this country who are stockholders in large military corporations would love nothing better than to watch Americans slaughter themselves wholesale, while they make a hundred million or two.

I've lost faith in both sides of the political debate in America. The day we have a whole lot less Democrats and Republicans, the better :smoking:

18. Even America hates America

19. It's not because the election didn't go the way they wanted, it's because this country is breaking... Don't be surprised if the united states of America is the divided states of america in 50 years.

20. In the case of most of the southern states seeking secession, it is literally because the election did not go the way they wanted that they are seeking to secede.

They're pretty upfront about that fact.