Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Cigs kill my high

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by emf3rd, Nov 8, 2013.

1. So I've had a question on my mind recently that I felt the need to ask...

I have a lot of friends who smoke cigs. Almost every friend I have has tried them and either became regular users and quit or stayed regular users to the point of addiction. I love these people, they're great friends of mine, but when they smoke cigs I tend to walk away (I am a non cig smoker who's family has a history of cancer.) Normally this works fine, but sometimes you just can't escape it and you have to second hand smoke, like in the car.

So, when hotboxing, I really dislike it when people smoke a cig because it instantly not only kills my high, but makes me feel gross. No matter how much I smoke more weed, it is useless, as my entire high is instantly gone and replaced by a nauseating feeling complete with headache for the next hour or so.

Sometimes my friends will be courteous and not smoke, but being addicted sometimes they can't help it. I forgive them, but it really pisses me off after a while when a long day or night of having fun suddenly gets ruined because of someone else.

My friends all think it's strange this happens to me, but I've heard of other people being very negatively affected by cigs too. Does this apply to anyone else on here?

Cigs just kill my high.

2. If cigs kill your high then don't smoke em
    easy

3. I think you misread my posts, I don't smoke them. I choose to be as far away from them as I can be. But when I'm around people who do smoke and I can't get away from it, the second hand smoke kills my high.

Never smoked a cig, never will.

4. Same here.

I think the reason is because the nicotine spikes your euphoria, and after the nicotine buzz subsides, your high feels less enjoyable compared to your high + nicotine buzz. That is the best way I can explain it.

5. Damn man that sucks I kinda know what you mean my friends used to always do the same thing. Only thing you can really do is ask em to open a window or try to get far away man otherwise hang out with them less. To me I don't think you can do much else because they're going to stay smoking em regardless.

Sent from The Gods.

6. Either you're really sensitive to nicotine or you're just allergic to cigarette smoke. Probably whatever is in the cigarettes is making you sick.

Just make a no smoking rule.in your car. Tell em to.respect that or.gtfo.

oh word. my bad
    just stay away from them as much as possible. they aren't dragging you to stay out with them while they smoke right?
    as for the cigs in the car situation, I know how you feel I have a few friends that do the same thing
    but I just try to endure it for however long the car ride is. 

8. Ganja, that's a good explanation. However I don't even feel a rush at all, just an instant 'downer' feeling. It's unfortunate :/

Squirrely, I've considered hanging out with them less, but it stinks because these are good friends of mine that I don't want to up and leave just because they've chosen something I'm not comfortable with. I tend to stay as far away, but like I said sometimes you can't help it. And rolling a window down never works, no matter what the smoke always goes back in the car. And it's 100x worse when you get ash blown back at you, especially when you don't even smoke to begin with.

I'm glad to know I'm not the only one this happens to, it really does stink for us.

9. Yeah, when I get my car first rule is no cigs, for sure. The only good thing a cig is for is for covering up weed smell, but I'd rather use a spray for that.

10. maybe you're just really sensitive to cigarettes, i think I am too.  I don't like cigs but i put tobacco in joints to save weed when im getting low and about 1/5 times it hits me really bad and I just have to lay down and go to sleep, sometimes even throw up. Never happens on just weed though!

11. Every time I've ever been sick has been from something other than weed. Never been sick off weed either!

12. Every time they smoke cigarettes, just kindly pinch them. After a while, you'll just have trained them to not smoke :) 

13. #13 emf3rd, Nov 8, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 8, 2013
    Hahaha that's good advice.

I make it a rule not to give anyone a lighter if they intend to use it for lighting a cig. Sometimes this works, but most of the time they have their own...

Maybe a pinch wouldn't be so bad.

14. I'd tell them (I mean, if it was my buddies :) to get their stankin' tobacco asses the fawk away from me.... Like, take that bull shit outside, yo ! WTF !

Of course they would talk shit right back at me..... but, over their shoulders, as they got the fawk out   :)

Anyway, even as much as I hate cigarette smoke, I can't say it has killed my high..... except maybe in a blunt :( Fuck blunts. I don't smoke tobacco.

A guy tells the Dr, "When I do this, it hurts". So the Dr. tells him, "Okay, don't do that".

16. #16 inhumainpapaya, Nov 8, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 8, 2013
    haha except the patient never actually stops doing it. Take diabetes for example. THe most efficacious (not effective) treatment for early type 2 is lifestyle modifications (diet, exercise, etc) but it works 5% of the time.

But I obviously stopped having tobacco when i worked it out

17. HA, gayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

love me a marlbeezy after a sesh. 

You let it bother you too much, that's why it ruins your high. Try not to let it bother you so much, or just stop hanging out with people that smoke cigarettes if it really bothers you that much.

19. being a smoker I find this feeling only happens if I haved smoked for a coule days. call it nicotine tolerance.