Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Cigars and marijuana(not a blunt thread!)

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Rezo, Apr 13, 2013.

1. Alright I have a question for you guys. I have smoked weed for a little over 2 years now but last night I smoked my first cigar and inhaled a little smoke once or twice. I have only ever had one blunt and I do not smoke cigarettes so this was really the first time I have ever had tobacco alone.

Despite the fact I haven't smoked marijuana in about 2 weeks I noticed the nicotine buzz I was getting in some ways kind of felt like a marijuana buzz. Not exactly like it just some similarities. I was wondering if this is what a nicotine buzz normally felt like or maybe if in some strange way the nicotine was in some way interacting with THC still in my system? Anyone know?

2. nothing like mj...not at all...

mj has yet to kill anyone via smoking mj or the second hand smoke from mj...
    tobacco kills over 600,000 people a year via second hand smoke alone...

3. #3 iSmokePurps, Apr 13, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 13, 2013
    Probably just the oxygen deprivation. Of course both chemicals are capable of causing their own buzz, whenever you smoke or don't get enough oxygen to your brain, you get dizzy & light-headed &c. Especially if you hot box :smoke:

Even if you stand up from bed quickly, you'll experience the effects of lack of adequate oxygen circulating to the brain more quickly. You could even pass out for a few seconds until the oxygen can get there again. This is probably why some people pass out (not green out) from smoking also, especially when holding in big hits, you're starving of oxygen quicker than a quick puff.

Plus there's always conscious/subconscious placebo.

Hope that helped.

EDIT: TL;DR = when you don't breathe enough air (oxygen), which happens when you smoke, your brain doesn't get enough oxygen, so you feel dizzy & light headed & 'buzzed'.

4. Say what now?

5. Sorry my question is poorly worded. Long story short: I have never smoked tobacco but I had a cigar last night and got a nicotine buzz. To me it kind of felt slightly similar to a marijuana high.

JustTryit, placebo effect was something I meant to mention and that is what it sounds like it is thank you!

6. Are you encouraging us to start using tobacco??? Wtf is wrong with you jackass..JK man I feel ya the buzz are SLIGHTLY similar but at the same time u said u only used tobacco once so I would really avoid smoking it anymore once you start u just start kickin urself for using it its a bad habit stick to the pure herb.

7. Right now I cannot smoke marijuana for certain reasons but I definitely prefer mary jane. I find the act of smoking relaxing and I don't drink alcohol so tried a cigar to see if I found it relaxing. If I continue to smoke cigars it would probably be once a week at most. The one blunt I smoked I did not enjoy that much I thought I was going to cough up a lung. Thank you and actually everyone for their concern though I honestly appreciate it. :)

8. Haha no problem. Placebo can be strong shit.

Placebo on other things (can't mention?) can be comparable to almost a low dose of it!

I experienced the same thing when I just smoked a plain White Owl. I think it's just the act of *inhale* *exhale* *feel buzz/high*, and you expect what usually comes next haha.

:smoke: