Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Cigarettes vs. Cannabis

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by ridegrunner, Dec 29, 2008.

1. I'm quitting smoking, and have been using cannabis to ward off the nic fits that accompany the withdrawal. So far so good... it seems to be working nicely. I was wondering if maybe anyone else here has found such a use for it?

2. Yea man for sure. Nicotine withdralws are so much easier to handle with some bud. I'm about to quit, and I'm also about to buy some bud.

3. I replaced cigarrettes with bud when i started college and it worked. I haven bought a pack since the begging of September! I smoke a lot more blunts now than I used to and although I notice that my lungs are much better since quiting, the 10+ blunts a day now are starting to get harsh on my lungs. I smoke good bud too, no mids. Usually keep around a half o of some regular dro, and a quarter of some dank or more if I can find different strains. Yea though, to make a long story short, it should work as long as you dont temp yourself by hanging out with people who smoke etc. Maybe take a dip every now and then if you have a craving? just my .02:D

4. I did the same... i smoked weed whenever i felt a craving to smoke. It was hard at first to quit, but got easier as they days go by. Much easier to do it that way then going cold turkey.

5. never smoked a straight cig but done shit like cigars...but from people i know weed helps alot with withdrawls...and hey with weed ya'll never get addicted like cigs:smoke:

6. CANNABIS FOR LIFE, no but seriously ciagrettes suck. smoke some weed when you feel you need when. your only worry will be the munchies.

7. I did the exact opposite. I quit smoking pot 6 years ago, but kept smoking the cigarettes. :bolt:

8. are you back with weed?

9. Cannabis is widely used for withdrawal symptoms. In Denmark, many recovering alcoholics use cannabis (Hash) to come down from the pain of detoxing. I know first hand, since my father has used it for this purpose when he quit drinking many years ago.

It doesn't surprise me that it helps you out with your cig-issue, but i am glad to hear that it does! :smoke:

10. Just a nice piece of advice: don't smoke so many blunts if you care about your lungs :D

Light up a joint instead :smoke:

11. great stuff, apparently I'm not the only one then.lol Last night was difficult....I smoked alot. (compared to what I usually smoke) I eventually just had to go to bed. Those nicotine withdrawls suck. I think I'll keep smoking the weed until I kick it completely.

I'm interested in more testtimonials.. maybe not just cigarettes, but alcohol or anything else.

12. joints are the only way i quit smoking ciggs

13. I can give you one more, my aunt is a former drug addict (amphetamines etc.), and she smokes cannabis to stay away from the harder drugs.

I think it is evident that cannabis is perfect for detoxing :smoke:

14. finally someone with some sense..... WHY smoke cigs when you can smoke bud?

15. good choice, using the herb rather then those cancer sticks definately save you from cancer or diseases caused by tobacco :wave:

16. 25 years ago my father did the same thing, he quit smoking cigarettes cold turkey and upped his intake of MJ, and he was able to stay off cigarettes for three years - until he died of non-smoking related lung-cancer.

17. I'll tell ya what. Using cannabis to quit is SOOOO much easier than going cold turkey. I quit that way before and it was about 2 weeks of hell. This is a piece of cake.