Cigarettes may increase marijuana user's risk of lung disease

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by wutgwon, Apr 15, 2009.

1. Smoking in general is unhealthy. Use a vaporizer like me!

2. Sounds like some Canadian propaganda.

3. If you smoke alot of joints you should always make filters when you roll them. Or just don't smoke joints and smoke out of bongs or use a vaporizer.

4. As far as I know, there's no medical difference between a joint with or without a filter. I would even go so far as to say theres no difference (again, medically) between bong smoke or J smoke.

5. a filter made out of cardboard or paper will not make the joint any healthier.

6. "But the risk of developing COPD was not heightened among those study participants who said they smoked only marijuana."

guess u missed that part...
    dammmnnn i gotta chill take it eazy with bluntz now...

7. I don't really understand what you mean by "medically" but a joint with a filter isn't going to be as harmful as a joint without one. Water pieces arent as harmful either because of the filtration, theres obviously less shit going into your lungs but either way smoking is harmful and vaporizing is the way to go. Although theres nothing like a good bong rip to the dome.

8. Agreed. A better approach would be current smokers of both and current smokers of one or the other. This brings data in for cannabis only, tobacco only and both. A good set of data, too.

9. Look here:
    Bong - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

10. dude, screw it and smoke......we are all gonna die someday, make it a good one and enjoy the herbs that God has given us

11. "It also found substantial epidemiological evidence of a lower incidence of carcinoma among tobacco smokers who used water-pipes, as opposed to cigarettes, cigars, and regular pipes. "It appears that water filtration can be effective in removing components from cannabis smoke that are known toxicants... The effectiveness of toxicant removal is related to the smoke's water contact area."

12. I am so sick of these bs researches going around these days. Fuckin lies!

Scare tactics have not worked enitrely, but effective enough to scare people already brainwashed. For fuck sakes man.

-BH

13. Bong = heat on bud contact (if you use a sauldering iron)
    water filtration

Joint = flame burning the PAPER that you rolled the joint with
    no filtration at all

therefore: bongs are healthier and safer to smoke then joints anyday, regardless..... you are not smoking trees, rice, hemp, or anything that is a paper like substance, and you are getting your smoke filtered, ever wonder why a pipe completely darkens up to a brown/black piece after a couple of hits, and a bong will stay clean?