Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

cigarette smokers

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by winna99, Jul 11, 2011.

1. do any of you cigarette smokers not regret starting cigs..? almost every cig smoker i talk to regrets starting cigs because now they cant quit..

2. I'm not hardcore to the point where it controls me, but certain situations I would really love to have a cigarette.

No, I enjoy everything about it except the price so I don't regret it.
    When I want to quit I'm sure there will be so many effective quit smoking aids around.

3. Just like the above, I'm not under the control of nicotine, but I do love to smoke depending on the situation. No regrets. Yet.

4. I've smoked before, it isn't so much that nicotine is addictive, it's more that people begin a habit of it and it just becomes an ordinary thing. I never developed a habit of it though.

5. #5 FiveFourOh, Jul 11, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    I do believe that IS the concept of addiction.

6. Yea, I do regret starting. That's why I stopped. :smoke:

7. I dont get people who start smoking. Like, why would you want to smoke something that gives no high, is absolutely horrible for your health, and it consumes your life.

Knowing all that. Why start?

8. Can't speak about cigs (hate those things) but I like pipe tobacco and hookah because of the experience of smoking and the taste.

9. Because it's cool. :cool:

10. Hookah is fun, I had one but sold it. It's too much hassle buying coal and sheesha.

11. #12 dkong911, Jul 11, 2011
    Saying cigs give you "no high" isn't accurate. During my sporadic use of tobacco over the course of about a year before I stopped, I must say the rush and buzz from nicotine is pleasant and at times overwhelming - but definitely not worth ever doing it.

12. No. I can pick up and put down cigarettes as easy as anything. I do what I want when I want because I'm not weak minded and therefore I dont get addicted. I could smoke 20 one day and then not smoke again for a month, for example. Thats out of choice. Addiction is simply an excuse for the weak minded.

13. i like hooka and pipe tobacco sometimes but im not addicted to them, i mostly do it in social situations.

14. Smoking occasionally is awesome. You can't tell me havin a smoke when you're shitfaced isn't the best thing ever. Besides that, it's just something to do.

15. I regret starting. But its not a big deal to me anymore. I've cut back so much now i'd rather not have cigarettes than not have bud. NOW THATS A CRISIS haha.

16. #17 glazedKnuckles, Jul 11, 2011
    No. It doesn't work like that

17. It does. Maybe you're just in denial that you have a weak mind.

18. I only smoke cigs when I can bum them off of somebody.

19. you are right to a point. psychological addiction has to do with the strength of your mind, but definitely not physical addiction. Did you know that you can die from alcohol withdrawal? look it up, it's interesting