cigarette junkies, whats the draw?

Discussion in 'General' started by kronman907, Oct 1, 2011.

1. Costs 8 bucks a pack, it clearly fucks your lungs and throat up. It's the most addicting substance besides booze and it Turns your teeth dark yellow.

I know you get some sort of buzz but it's definitely not like getting high.
    Their so dirty and vile compared to weed, they smell like their dipped in bleach and gasoline.
    An entire half of my family died of ether throat or lung cancer from smoking cigs, and millions more around the world.

So my question is, why? Why put your self through all of that? Why not just smoke more weed instead?

2. Bingo.

3. because it's legal. would be my guess.

4. I don't understand it either OP

5. Why do you have to judge and understand? Why not just accept that some people enjoy different things than you andlet it be?

We like it, you dont. Big whoop.

6. [quote name='"MayorMcStoned"']Why do you have to judge and understand? Why not just accept that some people enjoy different things than you andlet it be?

We like it, you dont. Big whoop.[/quote]

If a fellow blade liked to drink battery acid, would you tell him to chug away or advise him of the dangers? 8 fucking members of my family died of throat and lung cancer, all from cigs. Maybe I care about my fellow blades more than others I dunno.

7. I smoke because it's better for calming my nerves than what the medical industry has to offer. I don't forget things when I smoke, if I forget to smoke and freak out, I can just light one and I'm good.

Cigarettes do not fuck with my sleep habits, make me impotent, or impair me such that I can't drive a car. I can mix cigarettes with alcohol and not have a seizure.

I don't have to pay $5000 a year for health insurance, so that I can go pay a Dr. a ton of money, then a pharmacist so that I can possible become constipated, sweaty with a dry mouth and an acutely increased risk of stroke.

It's just a way better deal. I can predict my own behavior when I smoke.

8. #8 The Audion, Oct 1, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 1, 2011
    I enjoy smoking

Theres is nothing better than smoking a cig while drunk. Not that I drink often, but, you know.

Somewhat relaxing. My life is pretty stressful atm, I'm sure I'll quite someday or else just get an e-cig.

And about the teeth thing. There's this thing called oral hygiene, not sure if you've heard of it.

battery acid psychoactive drug

9. Cuz I like them.

10. They're also delicious.

11. Because I like to. You obviously don't like to. Oh well. Fuck it. No need to bash

12. [quote name='"oldSCHOOL_toker"']I enjoy smoking

Theres is nothing better than smoking a cig while drunk. Not that I drink often, but, you know.

Somewhat relaxing. My life is pretty stressful atm, I'm sure I'll quite someday or else just get an e-cig.

And about the teeth thing. There's this thing called oral hygiene, not sure if you've heard of it.

battery acid ≠ psychoactive drug[/quote]

Um a joint?

13. What do you smoke? I don't think cigarettes taste awful but I definitely would not classify them as delicious. Sometimes when you get a little past half way they start to taste like rotten moldy asshole.

14. I'm almost a week nicotine free. I feel a lot better.

15. [quote name='"aKidYouWanaKnow"']Because I like to. You obviously don't like to. Oh well. Fuck it. No need to bash[/quote]

Not bashing just curious.

16. Oh ya, during my break at work I'm just going to sit in the back and smoke a joint to calm my nerves. Fuck no. That's not how the real world works. Can't smoke weed 24/7 and still maintain a functional life style. Quit hating man. You are bringing down my mellow

17. And not from genetic disposition to those diseases? :rolleyes:

Smokers and non smokers get lung cancer my friend.

And yeah, i understand caring about gc members. I havent really been around that long but i enjoy pretty much everyone on these boards...
    Anyways, we as smokers get bombarded by these messages on the daily, wether its anti tobacco ads, getting told we cant smoke unless were 50 feet from a building, or politicians deciding to put large images of the horrible ways youre going to die if you smoke...but you know what? We do it anyways.

I dunno, maybe its because weve found one little thing that gives us comfort in this shit storm of a world, (not the only thing mind you) and we enjoy the habit and feel of it. Im sure everyone has a different reason for smoking.

Point is, do you like it when people discriminate against you because you smoke pot? It just sucks that some people will totally judge you because of something you choose to do.

Actually i lied, i just wanna look cool. :devious:

18. One man's rotten moldy asshole is another man's chocolate cake. That was a bad example, I should have said delicacy. You know that still sounds kinda fucked up. You get what I'm sayin though right?

19. Its different. Its not always the best time to be smoking weed, and believe it or not, weed does not always relax me. Not sure why, I guess I have some kind of anxiety issues with weed.

20. I do, but I'm still very curious about what your brand of cigs is. I smoke camel filters mostly, but sometimes marlboro smooths or skylines. Usually they're fine but there's always that one cigarette that starts to taste "different" close to the filter. Its like that wiff of damp weird grass you get outside sometimes. kind of skunky, not in a good way like weed.