Cigarette Addiction

Discussion in 'General' started by RobbeB3, Dec 26, 2012.

1. I got addicted to dip and cigs, cut both off like cold turkey. Haven't touched them in over 6 months yay!!!!!!!'

2. "While you still can" Jesus some of you people...

If there are people in the world who have quit after 20 years or longer (my step-grandad smoked for 50 years and gave it up) then you have no right to spout that kind of bullshit. Sorry for getting so angry in the thread but laziness is one of the things in this world I despise most.

There are programs to help you, you can do it alone, you can do it with a friend, you can even start a thread here to help motivate you, there are a wide variety of nicotine substitutes...

If you've tried 100% of these things to the best of your ability you can truly say you are unable to quit.

But I reckon you all just like smoking to be perfectly honest. You just have to be self-deprecating in order to justify your bad habit.

Edit: Well done to poster above, you're a beacon of light to a bunch of quitters (not in the good way).

3. "Allen Carr The Easy Method" - Hour long video that you watch WHILE you smoke and it'll brainwash you to quit as long as you pay 100% attention.

Going on a year and a half without cigarettes (my last one was smoked while I was watching the Allen Carr video).

Good luck!

4. That's awesome.

5. ...check out e-cigs...helped me quit after about 12 years of smoking 1-1/2 packs per day.

6. Take it from someone older...your a pussy if you cant beat an addiction..its your body so treat it like it is!

In public, I like to hold my pax up high in the air and scream "i have the powerr!!!"

7. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLwkT5vAzCE]Rare Earth - I Just Want To Celebrate 1971 + Lyrics. - YouTube[/ame]

8. yeah everyone who smokes will tell you to stop now and i'm with them I smoke almost a pack a day and it hurts the wallet and your body. it's just not worth it but I formed a big habit from it because I can smoke a lot at work and I smoke when I drive and after I eat. I if could get around those three things I could stop no problem.

9. I was the same way -I don't even THINK about cigs anymore!

10. Hate smoking, and am currently in the process of quitting. To all of you saying its easy, why dont we switch bodies a few weeks and ill let you quit for me, because this is a bitch

11. Try smoking a pack every day for 4 years, then tell me if you're still the same way.
    2 1/2 weeks is nothing compared to A LOT of people who smoke.

Stop while you're "lucky". ;)

12. you'll grow out of it. for a lot of people it's a phase... i know for me it was.. i was in your boat, underage smoking just because i loved everything about it (minus the smell. nasty) but just being able to take a little 2 minute "pause" in life, and have a quick smoke fascinated me. I smoked for solid 2 years as welll, but eventually i started to mature in my thinking and began wondering what the point of smoking was. I would crave a cigarette, smoke it, and then for the next two hours think of all the negative aspects of cigarettes. At the time i was working at summer factory job so everyone was smoking around me too, but i was just fed up one afternoon working and wanted to prove to myself i cared about health in the long run compared to a nice, pointless, smoke.

Haven't touched em since, withdrawels were there slightly but its all about wanting to quit man.

13. You have to want to quit, and also realize you have an addiction. I just started smoking like a month ago and am trying to take it slow...might just make quitting my New Year's resolution. Lots of my family members have died from smoking and I don't feel like adding myself to that five person list.

14. #34 Malvolio, Dec 26, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 26, 2012
    You're not smoking enough to form an addiction. To be honest, If you've been managing to control yourself so well for two years, I don't think you'll become addicted. I'm a smoker and I'm trying to quit, but there's certain situations where it's brilliant to have a cig and I don't want to give that up.

My advice to you:

If you can manage to only smoke that amount (I have a lot of friends who do, none of them are addicted) just keep going. However, as soon as you catch yourself smoking more, stop completely.

Also, fuck the haters, being a smoker is great.

15. Yea this is how I look at it. Thanks and thanks to all the responses! Keep it lit (Mary Jane)

16. #36 Tnyasn, Dec 26, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 26, 2012
    No one really thinks there addicted until you ask them to never hit a cig again and there all like fffffffuuuuccckkkk yyeeewww. Yep lol, I've been smoking for four years.. Doctor says I haven't smoked a day in my life and I'm up to anywhere between 5-20 a day dx I love cigs, there my babies. I think if your just gonna smoke to quit then... Don't start.

17. Ecigs are alright for some i guess, but when i got one i found myself using it all the fuckin time because i could use it anytime, anywhere. A pack every two and a half weeks is like one cigarette a day, if you stick with that you wont get addicted. With that said, if you have a pack at your disposal its easier to get addicted than bumming off your friends every once in a while.

18. Haha yea same problem with the ecig. Although its not really a problem! But I hit this shit wherever I go haha

19. Wish I could, I actually considered telling my friend that as long as he smoked, I'd start smoking. I went off the idea not because I knew I couldn't quit, but because I didn't want to damage my body in order to help his body due to his mistakes.

Once you understand addiction and neurology (in terms of neuron attachments and reinforcement/disconnection) you realise how easy it truly is as long as you have some willpower to go with it.

20. Depends on how much of addictive personality up have IMO.

I used to smoke a pack a week? But I always shared the pack with friends.
    I only smoke when I'm drinking since I'm on an extended t break. I've had this pack for a month now and it's still half full.

It's my last pack though since they really are horrible for you lol