CIA to stop arming Syrian rebels

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Vicious, Jul 22, 2017.

1. #1 Vicious, Jul 22, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2017
    • Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. John McCain will be up out of his hospital bed roaring and shouting when he hears this. :)

Good move by Trump/CIA, supplying the "rebels" has done nothing but arm Al Qaeda/ISIS and prolonged this conflict.

Now if the US would just withdraw all it's troops and mercenaries from Syria.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. McCain already tweeted about it, and did the Russia thing as predicted.
    But hey.. At least he's respectful and doesn't say stupid things on Twitter.

• Funny Funny x 2
  4. I still want to see the US operating in Northern Syria.

5. So they say, could just be Fake News.

Can't believe a word that comes out of their mouths, It's the CIA we're talking about.

6. I know what you mean, the US is the only chance the Kurds have but imo they are going to get shafted at the end of this. The US will side with Turkey.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. if not arming actual islamist fundamentalists with ties to al qaeda means that we are siding with russia then i'll shove a russian flag up my ass right now and sing the russian national anthem...

i love this quote from the article though..
    "President Trump is ending a covert CIA operation to arm and train Syrian rebels fighting against President Bashar al-Assad, something Russia has long desired, according to a Wednesday report in the Washington Post."

if russia knows about a covert CIA operation then i think its time to end it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. You're just looking for excuses to put things in your butt.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  9. damn, for being such a warmonger and having such a trigger finger, he sure is doing the opposite right? I mean, trump has been called many things, and again, has a perfect opportunity to wipe nk and syria off the face of the earth, were he so inclined, but instead, he decides that our policies of arming rebels is a bad thing. Which it is, and always has been. going back to iran contra and even before in south america. Its always backfired on us and fucked us over in the end.

10. everyone knows about it haha. Its no secret and hasn't been for a long time. But that quote right there puts on full display the total and complete bias by most of the mainstream media.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Like I need any excuses for that!!

• Agree Agree x 1