Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

church

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Hieroglyph, May 11, 2010.

1. Where the hell are you getting this information from? It's understood by most scholars to be referring to as drunkenness? That's far from right, as a simple Google search will result that the term drunkenness, used in the Bible, refers to INTOXICATION.

The hell do you mean when you say: "it's not obvious that god would be against marijuana, or no one would be here claiming that he's OK with it?". That doesn't make sense.... so by your logic if people say that the Bible gives the OK to kill homosexuals on sight (which it can be interpreted that way in some cases), does that mean it's right? Whatever floats your boat, haha.

So I don't cram this post, I will provide you some links to look over:
    -Truth vs. Drugs
    -Drug Abuse and the Bible: Intoxication, Addiction, Sobriety

Overall, marijuana causes intoxication, which it CLEARLY talks against in Galatians 5:19-21. Looks to me your just real angry with my point of view and decided to give some nasty comments near the end of your post. No worries, I expected that, since this is the Apprentice Tokers forum and not the Spirituality and Philosophy forum. Maybe you should ask your local Church pastor on the subject, he would probably answer the question better than me, as I only read the Bible years ago.

2. Every single issue that denominations disagree on, each one says it's "obvious" that they're right. So don't come in here looking down on the beliefs others have, as if your beliefs are better. Honestly the whole bible is bullshit, so I don't give a fuck either way, I just don't want people comin in here thinking their stupid religious beliefs are better than someone else's stupid religious beliefs. If you think weed is so bad, what the hell are you doing on a weed forum? Seriously, leave the forum so you don't end up in hell for smoking weed. We wouldn't want that.

Point out what I said that was nasty? Just because someone uses a curse word(i'm sure that's against your religion as well) doesn't mean they're being nasty. I didn't call you a name or anything.

And who gives a shit what the local church pastor thinks? Everyone is free to have their OWN spiritual journey, without conforming. You can be a conformist all you want, some people have a brain of their own and can make their own decisions.

3. HE SPEAKS THE TRUTH !!!!!!
    + Rep

4. Firstly, I have no religious believes. Secondly, you seem to just want to get in a fight, because the first post I made in this thread was barely even a big deal, just explaining how I believe intoxication is prohibited by the Bible's standards. How the fuck did I even say weed was bad? I was simply arguing from the Christian perspective on this one to explain to the so-called Christians that intoxication is against the morals of the Bible. You seem all too confused, and your level of hostility is pretty bad. You shouldn't vent out your anger on these forums, which I've said many times before because I've seen many, many people get banned over raging.

You've only been here a few months, so I'm simply warning you, not trying to get "into your business" or whatever you called it. :rolleyes:

5. I did it once with my cousin a long while ago. We shared a bowl in his bubbler and then had to go to church with his parents. I was pretty high and just zoned out and meditated the whole time. It was a heavy indica buzz so I didn't move a muscle haha

6. #66 Prince_RIP, Jun 24, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 24, 2010
    I question whether you've been paying attention to my posts at all. I have not called you a name or anything of the sort. That being said, i'm not being hostile whatsoever, letalone to the point where I have to worry about being banned :rolleyes:

Just so it's clear, I think you're being an asshole. That's the closest thing to namecalling i've done. If you're not even a christian, then don't post shit from the bible to try to disprove someone's religious beliefs. Have you ever heard the expression live and let live? Maybe you should try it.

7. what is your motivation for coming in here and spewing a ton of bullshit on what every "good" christian should do/be when youre not even a christian yourself??? And youre using the Bible, a book you think is false, to assert your claims! wtf?
    Just chill bro and quit trying to convert me to whatever it is you believe.:confused: haha.

8. It's not just namecalling, it's general hostility that was observed a few posts before. Also, it seems it would be the obvious thing to post shit from the Bible to disprove a religious idea, wouldn't it? See below...

I'm not converting anyone, I don't know what crazy idea you're getting. Obviously you haven't spent much time in the debate forums, rofl. It was my mistake after a while of posting in this thread I thought it was in the Spirituality and Philosophy section, which urges debate.. (where this thread should be in the first place). I was merely making the claim that smoking weed is generally considered a sin in the Christian world. Deal with it.

9. No, the original greek the word sober only refers to an abstinance from alcohol/drunkenness

10. So is lust. Yet I don't see you on here making a big fuss at the lustful posts about girls on here :rolleyes:

Just let it go. If a christian feels like smoking weed isn't a sin, that's his personal spiritual decision.

11. YES!

My church actually has a program in the morning with a live band, laser show, smoke machines and everyone gets up and sings church songs, except the top floor just chills... Im always at the top :)

12. I understand that smoking weed is not very popular in most Christian circles, but that is understandable considering the gov/media's anti marijuana brainwashing programs over the last few decades. The number one reason Christians dont smoke isnt because the Bible tells us not to (because it doesnt), its because it is illegal. But there a still a number of us that go ahead with it regardless, and that doesnt make us NOT Christian.

You know that once it is legalized, a ton more christians will start smoking.
    So, I hope youre ready to start campaigning...

13. #73 freethinker, Sep 15, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 15, 2010

Well apparently not everyone agreed with me. I got some negative rep and called an asshole by a so called "Christian".

Just a message to mistabaze if he's reading this...... That isn't very "Christian like" so I will allow you to call me an asshole and simply turn the other cheek, just like lil JC taught us unworthy non Jews, eh mistabze?

Your belief is about being born immediately into "debt" to a magical sky being that no one has ever seen nor heard, yet the only way to repay him back in full is by giving him your life, and by following all these rules or else this "loving" god will throw you in a lake of fire where you will burn and scream in agony forever. SIGN ME UP!!! (sarcasm)

I don't mean to sound offensive, I just put things in layman's terms so people can see things in a different context. I'm hoping that maybe some will see things for what they really are once again and thats...yup, full of shit. 90% of people are, you should do your own study and find out for yourself. Read, debate, research, and step out of your bubble and just think independently for once. Don't just believe what your parents taught you, try as best you could to clean your head with a blank slate and learn about ALL religions, not just Christianity. Look at things for what they are, not for what they promise.

Just because I'm a non believer doesn't mean I don't know much about the bible. I believe that in order to reject something and have a strong belief in either direction, you must know what you are rejecting well enough to come to such a conclusion.

Of course I can NOT prove the non-existence of something. We are brought into this world not knowing of any Gods. God is something that's taught to us. Therefore, our non belief is natural. Atheist don't have to prove anything at all, people who have belief do.

The burden of proof lies in the hands of the prosecution. We can't prove that something isn't there, we can only prove something that is.

I believe in love, laughter, and happiness. You can keep that violent, racist, sexist, pagan ritualistic, incestrial, mind fuck also known as the bible.

14. #74 hitmannumber47, Sep 15, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 15, 2010
    I'm die-hard against organized religion, when I was a kid I stopped going to the confirmation services after a couple of times because their bullshit disgusted me so much. I think I was the only one in my year who didn't get confirmated, lol... Anyway, the only reason I'd ever go to a church would be to troll the shit out of Christians, and I really don't have the balls to do that.

15. haha sounds epic

16. Your not missing anything. Those are all ancient pagan rituals which were stolen by Christianity anyway, so it's not that big a deal really. You can still celebrate the the birth (Easter Bunny) and death (Halloween) of the seasons in your own way....or you can just keep it the same way, and call it Christianity.....everyone else does.

Live your life, love your life, be free and think for yourself. Life is much easier and enjoyable this way..... I promise.

17. +rep :smoke:

18. i used to go to sunday school high every week, and that was the only way i could ever get through it all... SO bOrInG... and i was high on the day i was confirmed. but i was only 15 then, so i only smoked on the weekends, to reward myself for making it through the week so iwas gonna get high! there was no way around it! but lucky me, when i turned 18 my parents stopped forcing me to go. so now i only go every now and then, nowadays i go sober though. i dont think its right to go high. im much more mature since i was then... hurray for me!!! :hello: :smoke:

19. being high/enlightened in that way can make people feel closer to god:)

20. I'd recommend it, if you have some bud with a good head high. You don't want a body high to numb you out and take your mind off the Gospel, you want a head high so you can truly focus on it, I have trouble focusing on the priest, so I think I'm going to actually try this.

So far I've really only gone to like, ALL my confirmation classes blazed:smoke: