Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Church while high?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by deepee, Jun 26, 2011.

1. Honestly regardless if you are religious or not, are you going to HONESTLY be at your full mental capacity high out of your mind? Will you be able to comprehend the messages as they span out over more than two minutes? Probably not.

I think this is what others mean by being respectful. If you're going to church then you should be wanting to understand whats being said to the fullest extent. If you're just going for no reason then either don't go or don't be disrespectful. It's not that much different than dosing off (which is equally as rude).

But treat people how you expect to be treated. Would you appreciate putting effort into something while people blow you off? This is nothing to do with religion just common sense.

Have some integrity and worry about other things than if people will know.

Then again we never used to wear clothes so I guess its alright to light up and walk in naked? Sure...

2. If gods in the heavens i guess you'll be the closest to him in the whole room haha.

3. I'm a semi-religious person, but focusing only on the MARIJUANA factor of this, this is what I think:

Why smoke before church, sit through boring church, then leave near-sober? Save that bud til right AFTER church, and do something FUN with the high..

4. #44 JWest, Jun 26, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 26, 2011
    You took that passage greatly out of context.

"[...]down the middle of the great street of the city. On each side of the river stood the tree of life, bearing twelve crops of fruit, yielding its fruit every month. And the leaves of the tree are for the healing of the nations. "

- Rev 22:2 NIV version

I'm pretty sure it's not talking about marijuana ;)

5. I don't know about you, but if I am in a church I am either very high, very lost, or very dead. Possibly some combination of these three.

6. I'd do it but I'm an atheist and I haven't willingly been in a church ever in my entire life. My family forced me to go as a kid. Nowadays, sure I'd go back while high just to see how long it would take me to start hysterically laughing during one of the sermons. In all seriousness, I doubt there's a good reason to go to church while high.

7. Bob Marley would say something along the lines of "fuck no mun, God made herb", whereas your priest/vicar or whatever would probably kick you out of the church.

8. #48 DojaCFR, Jun 27, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    I agree....

But I could see the herb being the tree of life ;)

9. There are places you shouldn't get high before visiting? :confused_2:

To each his own, I suppose.

10. lol church

11. Genesis 1:29

"And God said , Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat."

12. I imagine if i was religious, being high during church would make me feel closer to god.

13. Well if your worshipping Jah then I don't see the problem lol

14. This made me laugh :smoke:

15. It's definitely worth doing once. Going to church while high can be one of the most enlightening experiences of your life. It's sad to think that most of the people there frown upon it..

16. Only if you're an insomniac. You'll be sound asleep by the time the opening hymn is over.

17. I think this a question for a priest, not a forum of stoners lol

18. #58 DojaCFR, Jun 27, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Im an ordained reverend....that count?

19. I don't do church at all.. :( Don't hate, just don't understand how such a peaceful idea can be so violent at the same point. Maybe someday, but right now I'm not worried about a god , right or wrong for a 'higher spirit', I am focused on my and my 'group' , nothing more. Just being happy and having fun now is whats important.

-Not that religion is wrong or anything, just not for me at the moment.

20. you will burn in hell for your sins.

come on man, read philosophy book or something.