Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Chunky Glass Pipes?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Khaleefa, Jun 3, 2011.

1. Anyone ever buy anything from here? Seriously considering a sherlock bubbler from there, reviews?
    Sorry if this should be in toking tools idgaf.

2. Bump
    Anyone?

3. If its the same company, which it may not be, at my lhs I was looking at them and the guy said, "wanna see something cool?" then proceeded to take it out of the case and throw it across the place. skid across the tile floors a little bit, with no visible damage. Pretty hefty...so if you don't want to break your pipe easily they may be for you

4. wait what? i'm talking about the website, it's an online headshop.
    but that sounds sick wth

5. My friend has bought from that site a few times. He swears by it, I actually asked him where a good place to order glass from was and without hesitation he said Chunky Glass Pipes.

6. Thanks for posting I've heard some pretty negative things about cgp.

7. My friend bought from that site, its legit.

8. Hey, use the search function. I found a thread where several people complain about being scammed. It turned up from a Google search, too. The thread was from 2009.

9. thanks, but posts like the ones above give me more recent experiences.

10. Yeah and usually there is alot of negative from arrogant people who vent hardcore. I mean I'm pretty sure my friend has purchased at least 5 pieces from there and hasn't had a problem. If you're sketched out just order from someplace else like grasscity, EDiT or any where else

11. thanks bro their prices are just very attractive lol

12. Hey, I wasn't trying to bash them! If I was buying and someone ran across some bad press, I would sure like to know.
    FWIW, the ENTIRE first page of Google results is one warning about being scammed after another from at least 6 or 7 different sources.
    I hope you have awesome luck, whomever you go with and get the pipe you want.
    When you do get your new piece, be sure and share some pics, too. I never get tired of looking at cool pipes!

13. I ordered from them in December, I waited two months and wrote them an email asking where my order was. I told them to either get me my order or refund my money. They responded by saying my order was cancelled.

Personally, I'm not going to order from them again.

14. Yeah I've been on there. Doesn't seem legit, plus there are so many better online headshops, just take your pick.

15. A head shop is always a better bet cause you will always no what you are getting.

16. I have bought from them 2 times now and I haven't had a problem really. The only negative for me was they were a little slow in shipping. But I still got my stuff in about 2 weeks and all was good. My last purchase was in April this year. Hope this helps.

17. I bought from there about a month ago, i got the pipe i wanted and it is THICK glass, i dropped it by accident and it didnt even leave a mark. but i read a lot of bad reviews and i was the same way u were when oh and the bowl hit hard too. i just got my order from shivadas glass and the pipe is MASSIVE and everything so id recommend those 2 sites for right now, the only thing is with shivadas it took like 4 weeks to ship but with cgp it only took about 2-3 days

18. I ordered from CGP on July 2nd. A hold was IMMEDIATELY placed on my bank account for the amount of the order, though there was no confirmation email.

On July 6th, they emailed me an order #, saying it would ship in 3-7 days. After shipping, it said that it would take 3-5 days to get to me via ups.

Today is July 18th, and I received an email saying that my order had been cancelled. No explanation, and there is absolutely NO WAY to contact them.

They will not answer emails, nor answer their phones, and their voicemail is full.

I have read a bunch of threads about how piss-poor CGP customer service is (after ordering), as well a a few posts ostensibly from CGP's owner, apologizing for the crappy service, but she was in the process of hiring all new employees, as the old ones were stealing from her, she's getting caught up, etc. but those posts were from YEARS ago, and clearly little has changed since then.

I can forgive nearly any problem, but the ABSOLUTE lack of communication, and the lack of ANY way to get ahold of ANYONE by any means is waaaay too much.

19. #19 Blazedmymindbro, Jul 18, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Go to the feedback forum

Edit
    Sorry thought u were posting bout gc lol