Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Chs

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by The Audion, Apr 6, 2010.

1. hmmm well its wikipedia, not a very trustworthy source

2. The cases sound pretty isolated. It seems to me that it only effects specific people that have some sort of problem or defect unique to a very small percentage so I wouldn't get worried.

3. Yeah, if this was more common, you know every anti-pot news source out there would be touting this as proof that marijuana has no medicinal effects, but I've never even heard of it before this. I think that in itself shows that it's not common enough for even the biased anti-MJ crowd to use it as an argument.

4. I was nauseas every day for 10 years. I am a 5 foot 7 female who has never weighed more than 100 lbs. 26 years pop old now, been smoking for about 8, 9 years. Pot was the only thing that helped my nausea. I liked it most because it helped me eat and sleep. I only smoked at night, and maybe just one bowl a day for most of the time. Eventually, the nausea became worse. I started to smoke more at night because it was the only thing that helped me eat. I had endoscopies, and a gastric emptying test. My gastric emptying was delayed, that's called gastroparesis. I was sure that was the reason for my problems.. I started to then vomit every day at work, and one night after eating nothing but healthy food I was sick for over 4 hours, with the cyclic vomiting and what is now called scromiting. It was terribly painful. My doctor told me after that episode that they would no longer do medical tests until I could test clean for pot. I thought it was so dumb. I quit pot about 2 months ago and have not been nauseas one day since the 5 day hump of quitting. I had terrible night sweats, insomnia and nausea for those 5 days. Guess what, after that, I have never been nauseas or thrown up again. My gastroparesis is gone, and I have never been more hungry, healthy, or happy. I love Mary, but she is not for me. I've read pot can slow gastric emptying and that is definitely true for me. I still can't believe how sick it made me for 10 years. It is definitely real and SO worth quitting to find out. I just drink wine now, and I could never drink before because I would always throw it up. I felt it was important to share my story because it was so hard for me to believe the doctors, but I know another girl who just went through the same thing, and multiple nurses who have seen this . I cant believe it but it is a real thing ! I also know for at least 2 years I was smoking home grown weed that had no pesticides EVER. I dont know what the cause is but, I know I no longer have a desire to smoke because for the first time I am eating 3 meals a day. I also have tons more energy.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. Doesn't happen to everyone. A buddy came down with IBS and using cannabis HELPED his symptoms until they faded.

Sent from my LGMP260 using Grasscity Forum mobile app