Chrono Trigger

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by ReDfroSt, Mar 4, 2012.

1. Anyone else play this game before. Remember playing it when I was a kid then trying to beat it few years ago and now I'm finally going to play it all the way through, it's such a great game got the SNES emulator for my droid which is what I'm playing it on. SNES was/is such a great gaming system.

2. Yeah! Just got it on my Wii's Virtual Console about two weeks ago, and I still love it to death. Stuck on the Mountain of Woe atm.<Had it on my DS, but it was taken> The music is perfect in that game. Perfect.

3. Yea the music is like the best I ever heard for a game every soundtrack fits in with the moment of the game gives you that good feel for it. I'm at the part where u go to Denadro Mountain to get the Masamune.

4. I fucking love Chrono Trigger! I always have my team as Chrono, Glenn, and Robo/Magus.

Is Chrono Cross as good as Trigger?

5. My team is Chrono, Marle, and Frog plan on keeping them till end game. Also Idk much about cross planned to try and play that after trigger but I heard it's good just not a direct sequel to trigger but has hints n stuff from trigger in it

6. [quote name='"JamestheFreak"']I fucking love Chrono Trigger! I always have my team as Chrono, Glenn, and Robo/Magus.

Is Chrono Cross as good as Trigger?[/quote]

Chrono cross like mentioned above is not a direct sequel but I do believe it has tie ins. Its got ff9 style graphics. Similar battle system as the original, a shit ton more characters but I just could neve get into it.
    I know this is weird but I have noticed a rpg gamer trend.
    If you liked ff7 a lot chrono cross is not usually for you
    If you liked ff8 a lot chrono cross is probably for you

7. Chrono, Frog, Ayla for my team! That woman is a beast, and those combos...!

Cross has near-equal amazing music. Sometimes I'll just go on a walk and listen to it. There's even some that are remixes of Trigger that you go "Whoa wait!" after a minute in... But it wasn't something I could get into, play-wise, after an hour. It's more of a spiritual-sequel than anything, as if they completely abandoned Trigger and took the last 5 minutes and ran with that. The battle system is cool, using elemental strategy, but it wasn't enough. The story was just so convoluted, it was like putting on shoes that were too big, while Trigger's fit just right and magically hummed time-line songs, too. That's just me though.

8. My second favourite game of all time, beaten only by EarthBound.
    That was my team for the majority of the game too if I remember correctly.:smoke:

9. Am I the only one that dumped Chrono once he didn't have to be a permanent member of the team?

Frog, Ayla, and Magus ftw. Old world combo.

10. It's an alright game. I didn't play in on the SNES, but I had the remake/port that was made for PS1.

11. Heard the PS1 ver had long loading times or something but the animated cut scenes it came with looked legit wished they woulda put those in the other ports.

12. ^ They kept the animated scenes in the DS edition. I consider that the best port, but I still prefer the Virtual Console just to play on the TV.

13. Damn that's legit than thought I heard the DS ver didn't have the animated scenes but ye so far playing on android phone not bad controls could be better but since the game is turn based I can live with it.

14. [quote name='"ReDfroSt"']

Damn that's legit than thought I heard the DS ver didn't have the animated scenes but ye so far playing on android phone not bad controls could be better but since the game is turn based I can live with it.[/quote]

There are some thing missing from the ds version. I know I read that a while ago but I dunno what. I never played the ps1 version but my best friend got hooked on it and then cross. It was the first time in years I saw it so I had to go back and ply it along with ff3-6. Ff4 is one of my all time favs b4 7 came out

15. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_lJQFhNXZ4]Chrono Trigger Final Boss Battle - Inner Lavos Core w/Bits - YouTube[/ame]

I vividly remember my balls dropping when I finally made it to lavos as a kid.

16. I just recently did a play through on the DS
    I don't remember it missing any important parts,
    in fact it added a couple new zones and boss fights.
    (the black nu you have to fight at the top of that mountain is an asshole :( )

17. Apologies for all the posts but someone mentioned something about the music
    and I wanted to contribute a good remix to one of the best songs in that game called (Schala's theme)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gZN2tc2QI0]Schala's theme - Dreams of a Black wind - YouTube[/ame]

18. Ahh chrono trigger so many good memories. It was the first RPG I played to the end. Its really the one that got me into the whole genre. The Magus battle music still gets me.pumped LOL.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cZeMdFWpEI&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/ame]

19. I wasted many many hours playing this game in middle school.

Along with Secret of Mana, Secret of Evermore, Breath of Fire series, and plenty of other RPG's for the SNES.

Ahhh the good ol days... :D

I had no problem beating this game back in the day though. Just make sure your characters are good and leveled up and it shouldnt be too hard.

20. The first RPG I ever beat was Dragon Warrior for NES. It changed my life. :D

Mystic Quest really got me hooked on RPGs though. Then FF3 and Chrono Trigger kinda blew me away. :D

Now I look at games like Skyrim and I cant believe how far we have come...