Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Chronic?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by chris_08, Oct 19, 2008.

1. Is chronic a legit weed strain(like white widow, ak-47 ect) or is it just solely a term used to describe the potency of it(like fire, dank ect).

2. its an actual strain

3. troof.

but it also depends on who your dealing with..

i know guys who always call there no-name dank chronic.

4. Thats what i thought some kid is tryin to tell me its just a term used for indica or weed laced with coke...i told him but he doesnt believe me whatever i guess.

5. 90% of the people on the street dont know that. its ok lol

6. #6 chris_08, Oct 19, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 19, 2008
    This kids from detroit and says that detroit is the biggest weed city in the world...he thinks cause we(me and him) dont deal big time we dont know shit about weed. Since were not from the 'hood' we dont know shit about weed. He told me all the good weed in america comes to the US through oklahoma city...and detroit.

7. :confused:

He sounds misinformed.

8. Man don't believe that shit LOL

9. I know has he heard of this state out on the west coast? It called California. Im in Ky here and he goes to college with me but hes from detroit..he says almost all the weed in Ky comes from outside of Ky...i dont know if he realizes that Ky is like the #3 weed state in the nation.

10. I dont even know what to say to this kid...he thinks everything we smoke on the east coast comes from ok city and detroit...he told me what we get here in lexington ky comes from lake erie..?? Starts in Toledo and detroit and then comes down to cincy and heads to lexington from there. Like honestly all the shit this kid just told me i dont know what to say to..

11. chronic is weed with cocaine mixed in
    like in a blunt

12. #12 RepentYeNbelievethegospel, Oct 19, 2008
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2008
    Most peopel that use the word CHRONIC are just referring to some weed, could be any kind of bud really, im not sure if its in actual strain name but thats how its used on teh street.

EDIT: also your 'friend' soudns liek an idiot, not trying to sound like an asshole as i knwo many posters on here are, but saying that all weed comes from one area of the country and travels to every part? Thats just not true, people grow bud in all states, in all cities, there are big growers who sell to many suppliers in different states i guess which means their stuff gets spread around a lot, others just deal form the grow site, there is too much weed in this country for it to all come from just one area, some is imported too but most is grown in country, but it also depends on your area because i hear that in texas if your near the border you get a lot of mexi-brick shit and peopel complain, im sure there are growers there too who got the dank tho.

13. And its not an actual strain?

14. Got anything to back that up?

Not that I don't want to believe you...but i have a hard time doing so. I would think that all decriminalized states that would fall before Kentucky, and I can think of a multitude of un-decriminalized states that would be ahead of Ky. Then again i've never been to Kentucky. Maybe you've seen an article somewhere...

15. Yes it is a real strain. However, depending on your location it may be used to describe dank weed, or weed laced with coke.

16. #17 Bank404, Oct 19, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 19, 2008
  17. Ya right here...its from 2006 but its the latest i could find.
    www.drugscience.org/Archive/bcr2/MJCropReport_2006.pdf

18. Good post chris, here is some more info on the nations largest cash crop

http://abcnews.go.com/Business/story?id=2735017&page=1

Marijuana Called Top U.S. Cash Crop

Marijuana Takes the Pot as Most Valuable Cash Crop in the Country

By NITYA VENKATARAMAN
    Dec. 18, 2006
    [​IMG]
    21 comments

FONT SIZE [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    EMAIL
    PRINT
    RSS

Weeding through the value of the nation's cash crops, a study released today states that marijuana is the U.S.'s most valuable crop and promotes the drug's legalization and taxation.
    [​IMG] Marijuana is the top cash crop in 12 states and among the top three cash crops in 30, according to a new study.
    (AP Photo )

Drug enforcement officials say the equation is not that simple.
    The report, "Marijuana Production in the United States," by marijuana policy researcher Jon Gettman, concludes that despite massive eradication efforts at the hands of the federal government, "marijuana has become a pervasive and ineradicable part of the national economy."
    In the report, Gettman, a marijuana-reform activist and leader of the Coalition for Rescheduling Cannabis, champions a system of legal regulation.
    Contrasting government figures for traditional crops -- like corn and wheat -- against the study's projections for marijuana production, the report cites marijuana as the top cash crop in 12 states and among the top three cash crops in 30.
    The study estimates that marijuana production, at a value of $35.8 billion, exceeds the combined value of corn ($23.3 billion) and wheat ($7.5 billion).
    Related
    [​IMG] Legalize It? Send Us Your Thoughts on Decriminalization of Pot

Pot Tax?

To activists for marijuana legalization, the study confirms a position they've held for years, and uses government stats to support their claim.
    "The fact that marijuana is America's No. 1 cash crop after more than three decades of governmental eradication efforts is the clearest illustration that our present marijuana laws are a complete failure," says Rob Kampia, executive director of the Marijuana Policy Project in Washington D.C., a group that focuses on removing criminal penalties for marijuana use.
    Kampia, whose comments were included in the study's press release, adds, "Our nation's laws guarantee that 100 percent of the proceeds from marijuana sales go to unregulated criminals rather than to legitimate businesses that pay taxes to support schools, police and roads."
    A 2005 analysis by Harvard visiting professor Jeffrey Miron estimates that if the United States legalized marijuana, the country would save $7.7 billion in law enforcement costs and could generated as much as $6.2 billion annually if marijuana were taxed like alcohol or tobacco.
    Miron's report on the costs of marijuana prohibition was signed by more than 500 leading economists, most notably the late Nobel laureate Milton Friedman, who served as an economist in both the Nixon and Reagan administrations.

The Dangers of Legalization

Aside from the health debate over legalizing marijuana, Garrison Courtney, spokesman for the Drug Enforcement Agency, says groups that advocate its taxation sometimes paint too rosy a picture.
    "It's still a drug," Courtney says. "Just because it's a good cash crop doesn't mean you should legalize and tax it."
    "It's not these cute mom-and-pop bong shops anymore," Courtney continued. "It's violent drug-trafficking groups that are doing all these grows."
    Local marijuana growers, he says, are the tentacles of international drug-trafficking organizations that bring weapons, violence and a slew of other drugs into the market.
    "You can't tax a Mexican drug trafficking group," Courtney explains. "That's the side a lot of people don't focus on."

19. QFT, I'm not far from the border, Mexican brick weed is cheap as hell here.

It sucks getting it, but usually I can get a cut above which is fine, cuz my tolerance is still low.

However, there is dank to be found with the proper cuddnects (connects), just like anywhere.