Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

chronic pain

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by cmpll, Aug 8, 2010.

1. Hi, i know that chronic pain qualifies in CA but i heard that if you havn't been prescribed with pain meds then you cannot get a card. Is this true? The pain is in my knee from a dirtbike accident 2 years ago (16) and have been smoking the whole time to lower pain and it really works a lot better than Tylenol.

2. You have to go to your regular doctor at least twice at least 90 days apart complaining of the pain and have the medical records certifying this. If you go to the doctor about chronic pain that is severe enough for any kind of treatment including marijuana, they will most definately prescribe you some kind of painkiller. If it's not that severe to go to the doctor and treatable with mere Tylenol, you don't qualify. If someone can take 800mg of ibuprofen and 1000mg of acetaminophen, the maximum adult doses for each, and there's still pain, they should qualify otherwise they need to just stop complaining, you know? best of luck to you. Even if you don't have the two visit it's only a 90 day wait right? :D

3. Chronic pain has many different meanings in medicine.When your first experience of pain is a symptom of disease or injury in that body part, which pain is pain that interferes with your pain.Chronic daily and happiness.

4. I dont know if im stoned or what but i couldn't get one word you just said :confused::D

5. ...it's the type of post that feeds the anti mmj zealots agenda...makes mmj users look 'stupid', ignorant, uneducated...:(

No offense to that blade, but please try harder when posting on a public forum, help the cause by showing the world how intelligent and educated we really are. :wave:

6. Having a pain pill prescription is a good thing to get a rec, but not necessary. One young man reported in a post that he had no medical records (he moved to CA without them), no prescriptions, but based only on his scarring from an accident, he got his rec. He just lifted up his shirt. Did your injury result in scarring? It may be enough with some doctors.

Did you receive ANY medical attention for your injury? There should be a record! Get it! Even though it is 2 years old, it will be enough for some MMJ doctors- even without a medical follow-up, or prescriptions.

Look, there are two basic types of MMJ doctors- the "true believers" and the "whores". Both want to give you a rec (very different reasons why, though).

The "whores" are usually much cheaper and will just about give you a rec for being "warm and breathing". It may just be a short term rec, 3 to 6 months, to give you time to establish a medical record with another (more legit) doctor. They are prone to having their licenses yanked and that invalidates their recs, from what I understand. They may not be there for you if you get busted. Just like with their sexual counterparts, the "whore" doctors are cheaper, easier, but more risky.

The "true believers" are more picky and you NEED medical records with them. But if you get busted, they will be there for you in court!

But if things go well in California, a rec may be unnecessary after the elections this fall! :hello: (Prop 19 semi-legalizes cannabis- and you ARE registered to vote, aren't you?) So even a short term rec should be enough to keep you safe until then!

Now, click the first link in my sig, educate yourself about the medical uses of cannabis. Then use the email address in my sig to get your own free copy to really educate (and blow the minds of) your friends!

Let's get cannabis legal in CA, and see if we can get 50% of the states with MMJ! (Alabamam Delaware, Illinois, iowa,Kansas, Maryland,Massachucetts, Misouri, New York, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Wisconsin and South Dakota were listed in a news article as having MMJ popping up on the ballot this fall!) We can lose a few states and STILL get 50 %! (Let's see them try to keep cannabis at "Schedule l " when that happens!)

What happens this fall is up to us! Cannabis users are potentionally the BIGGEST VOTING BLOCK EVER! Get registered to vote, get all your friends registered, and WE CAN'T LOSE!

Granny :wave:

7. #7 cmpll, Aug 9, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 9, 2010
    I did have to go to the ER and many follow up visits about the knee and femur but none where recent about 6 weeks from the accident was the last visit. I was air lifted out of the sierra nevadas to Fresno ER. The first few follow ups and at the ER they thought there has a torn ligament or something wrong with the knee because it was swollen 2x bigger then the other one for 4 weeks. It ended up just being a broken femur right above the knee. I do not know how the crash happened because i got a concussion and do not remember the day at all after breakfast. From the looks of the scene of the crash i skidded between two trees missing both and hitting another one, I am guessing the knee hit one of them dead on breaking the femur and some how not breaking the knee. The knee had nothing broken but hurt more then the femur itself and still does to this day. When i was in the ER I was not very smart and when they asked me my level of pain i thought i would get out of the hospital faster if i said a lower number, at the time I did not know that this would not get me pain medication. I know not very smart but i was a dumb 16 year old. I do not want to go to a whore doctor because i want a legit card because i know that the whores are ruining it for people that need it and making it harder for legalization and do not want that to happen.

8. Great Link!

9. I forgot to mention that there was no scarring at all and i was not just taking regular Tylenol. They told me to use arthritis strength Tylenol because it is 650mg x2 per pill and it is time released but i did try other types as well with no results. Cannabis helps a lot, although it does not take the pain away completely it does however take it away significantly and definatly makes my day more comfortable.