Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Chronic hives?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by irishndfan2, Feb 18, 2010.

1. Has marijuana use been study and shown to help with chronic hives? I have suffered from breaking out into hives on and off for about 8 years. When i was a freshman in high school i occassionaly broke out into severe hives all over my face, back, neck, and chest. I passed over it through my sophomore year but then in my junior year i was hit by it severely. Im talking every single day i went to school i would break out into hives, several times during the school year. It was terrible every kid at lunch would be like whats wrong man whats wrong. And then of course everybody would draw attention to me making it worse. I even had started running to the bathroom so noone would see me(i know pretty depressing). Well anyways towards the end of my junior year I started smoking marijuana occasionally. I found that I stopped breaking out into hives as much and then as summer rolled along i pretty much stopped all together. When senior year came around I no longer broke out into hives. I stopped smoking though because my high school did random drug testing. I was hive free all the way into late summer. I then went to college, where i am now, and since the beggining of college my hives have started to come back. I have only been able to smoke cannabis a few times since ive been here becuase my school has a zero tolerance policy, and its not worth getting kicked out. My question to you all is could the cause of my hives going away be contributed to marijuana? Unfortunatley I do not live in a medical marijuana state, but I was wondering if doctors do subscribe patients to medical Marijuana for chronic hives?

2. No...

3. yea i just researched it, although thats the beauty of cannabis, it is a medicine with so many more capabilities that we don't even know about. I believe that my hives subsiding can be attributed to cannabis. Ive tried multiple allergy medicines and none have worked. Also they say chronic hives can be because of stress, well first off I dont think mine are caused because of stress, but obviously cannabis relaxes you. I think mine has to do with my skin and its reaction to sweat.

4. Could be that the MJ gave you the relax that you needed and helped keep you less stressed :confused:. Not sure though

5. maybe, but honestly I think my hives were more of chemical reaction in my skin, cause honestly it got to the point where i would be in public, and i would start thinking about breaking out into hives, and it would then begin to happen. So i dont think that was stress related. But all i can say is marijuana deff helped me so I think it could be the reason why it went away.

6. Did you see an allergist at all?
    I've had hives plenty of times, but food allergies were the culprit.

I think going after the CAUSE rather than just using a REMEDY is a more logical approach to the situation. See what's causing it, you know?? ;) If you have allergies, they can worsen with time and that can be very dangerous if you get hives in your esophagus and can no longer breathe. :eek: Go see a doc if you haven't already! :cool:

7. #8 Peace_Man, Apr 3, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 3, 2010
    Deleted

8. hi,
    [FONT=&quot]Hives is really a allergic disease which is caused by allergy of some foods or medicine but it can be treated effectively. Oxyhives is the one of the best treatment for hives on skin. it is a natural homeopathic treatment which helps to get prevent from the symptoms of hives like red rashes on skin, red bumps or itching skin. Oxyhives is just a spray of mouth under the tongue which will go to the different parts of the body to cure from the hives. it completes its works without any side effects. you can confidently use this treatment to get quickly prevention from the hives and can also suggest your relatives or friends to go through this treatment.
    [/FONT]

9. Ok folks, you are perpetuating some misinformation. I am a nurse and have had chroniic urticaria/hives. First off, it is an autoimmune disorder it is not caused by stress, allergies (though they may worsen it---)normal hives can be caused by this but not chronic urticaria---autoimmune. Second, who cares if its not on the list chronic urticaria causes stomach pain, hot flashes, headachache, extreme itchiness and is severly emotionally disturbing cause you look like you have aids. I started to use marijuana when i first got sick and it helped me with depression that resulted from social isolation. Give the man some weed, who cares...

10. Hey, there!

I have the same condition as you, it's called idiopathic (it means it's unable to diagnose it's cause) chronic urticaria and it's an autoimune disease (when your body tries to protect yourself in a way that is hurtful/deadly). Even tho I personally have some allergies to some foods and etc, IDC is mostly a psychosomatic disease, which means it is directly related to your mental state.

Whenever I'm stressed, depressed or freaking out about something, the hives show up and it's the worst. I've been having them around for about 15 years and we know how hard and uncomfortable can it be. Lots of medications doesn't even work anymore and most of urticaria's medications goes hard on kidneys and liver. And I'm not even talking about corticoid which is the worst thing ever.

Yesterday, actually the reason I bumped out on this post, I had both of my legs filled with hives and I didn't want to take pills and by fate or something, I ended up smoking marijuana. It did stop them all. I woke up brand new and I couldn't believe it. So I went down looking for studies and medications so I could take them to my doctor. And even tho I live in Brazil and here it's illegal marijuana (recreative and medicinal), if I have a prescription, I am able to buy them with the approval of National Health Agency. So fingers crossed!

Good luck for you and contact me if you want to chat about it :)

11. #12 elyniel, May 25, 2020
    Last edited by a moderator: May 28, 2020
    Hi, I need your help. I also live in Brazil and I have Urticaria Chronic Spontaneous to the heat. I have always believed in the medicinal effects of marijuana, it has always relieved me, but I use one of very poor quality.

Personal data deleted - Please do read the forum guidelines, as you promised. - ICGreen

12. Edibles make the best use of the cannabis supply you have.
    Hallucinating Hash Capsules for Hemp Heads
    One of the strongest recipes around.

Decarb 240 F for 40 minutes. (115.5 C)

5 grams decarbed Buds Ground to dust.
    1 tablespoon Coconut oil. (14ml)
    1/2 teaspoon Lecithin (2.5ml)
    Combine
    Heat 220 F for 20 minutes (104 C)
    Freeze
    Heat 220 F for 20 minutes
    Done

1 drop = 1mg

BNW

• Winner Winner x 1
  13. Eat some and rub some on the affected areas.

BNW

14. I think this is a good idea, too.

15. BrassNwood, Thanks for the recipe! I will try this