Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Chrones and mmj

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by CODinmybones, Aug 3, 2011.

1. Hey guys just wondering if there is any other chrones patients being treated on here. I will be giving treatment to a guy with chrones and wonder what others thoughts are on strains and what not. I really want to help him out the best way.

Thank you

2. It's "Crohns"

I use MMJ for Ulcerative Colitis which is very similar. Indica dominant strains work much better than sativa dominant strains.

For me, stress is a huge contributing factor in any flare ups I have, so mmj is a lifesaver. Plus it's the best anti-inflammatory out there IMO

3. I can't help you with the strains, but collect medical studies. I think your patient may be interested in these!

Marijuana and Crohn's Disease (anecdotal - 1997?)
    [FONT=&quot]at Rxmarihuana.com

[/FONT]
    Differential Expression of Cannabinoid Receptors in the Human Colon: Cannabinoids Promote Epithelial Wound Healing (abst - 2005)
    Elsevier

Cannabis drugs may benefit those with bowel disease (news - 2005)
    Cannabis drugs may benefit those with bowel disease

Cannabis Alleviates Symptoms of Crohn's Disease (news - 2005)
    CCRMG

Crohn's Patients Report Symptomatic Relief From Cannabis (news - 2005)
    [FONT=&quot]Crohn's Patients Report Symptomatic Relief From Cannabis: The Hempire - [cannabis, britain]

[/FONT] Cannabis Helps Ulcers And Crohn's Disease (news - 2006)
    [FONT=&quot]Cannabis Helps Ulcers And Crohn's Disease: The Hempire - [cannabis, britain]

[/FONT] Cannabis for Ulcerative Colitis and Crohn's Disease treatment (news - 2009)
    Cannabis for Ulcerative Colitis and Crohn's Disease treatment

The Cannabinoid 1 Receptor (CNR1) 1359 G/A Polymorphism Modulates Susceptibility to Ulcerative Colitis and the Phenotype in Crohn's Disease (full - 2010)
    [FONT=&quot]The Cannabinoid 1 Receptor (CNR1) 1359 G/A Polymorphism Modulates Susceptibility to Ulcerative Colitis and the Phenotype in Crohn's Disease[/FONT]

Surgery REVERSED by Cannabis Oil from vaporizer! (anecdotal – 2011) Surgery REVERSED by Cannabis Oil from vaporizer! | Medical Marijuana | MedicalMarijuana411.com | The Daily Dose | Medical Marijuana

“THC Oil Is Saving The Life of My Sister” (anecdotal – 2011) “THC Oil Is Saving The Life of My Sister” | Medical Marijuana | MedicalMarijuana411.com | The Daily Dose | Medical Marijuana

If you click that first link in my sig, you can find more on how cannabis helps with bowel disorders. Hope that helps!

Granny :wave:

4. Thank you so much! I will share this with him!