Chrome Spray Paint vs Mylar?

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by bouncyball, May 30, 2008.

1. Could there be any disadvantage to spraying a cab with chrome paint inside to provide the reflective lighting surface? Tested it on some paper. I can reflect light beams around with it. :]

I know people say flat white or mylar but this seemed much more .. efficent .. didn't want to cut out all the mylar.

2. Whit paint or mylar would be better than chrome paint. Even a mirror isnt as good a white paint or mylar.

3. I guess I could have figured that myself. I wasn't aware Mylar was actualy the company name .. the material is PET Film and it's the same shit in emergency/space blankets.

I'll run to the dollar store today but first .. :smoking:

cheers

4. Dude... dont beat around the bush. If you really want to do this RIGHT go with mylar or the flat white paint. Sure i know you want to cut some corners and just get whatever you think will work, the emergency blanket is a type of mylar but not what you would want to use for your grow. Emergency blankets are made to retain heat, not to reflect light. Just some advice, good luck.

5. The metalized film space blankets do not contain enough of the reflective material on them, you can actually see right through them. Get real mylar, or get what I have, it's called Sta-Kool White Elastomeric Roofing Compound (from home depot, but you can find similar products at different home improvement chains)
    It is very reflective, can be washed with bleach and water, is mold and mildew resistant, will not crack or fade, contracts and expands up to 300%, and is basically covering your walls with liquid rubber. Good shit, $18.00 a gallon