Christmas Trees....

Discussion in 'General' started by Royksopp, Nov 4, 2009.

1. For those of you who celebrate Christmas, when do you start putting your Christmas trees up? My mom wanted to start today but I told her I have an essay I need to do because it's due tomorrow. Last year she started putting up the Christmas Tree at the end of September and I left to Georgia for a month and when I came back she still wasn't done because under the tree she makes a huge village with little houses and people and tiny little trees and shit haha. Do you think she's starting too early? I don't really care. I'm used to having a Christmas tree up by Thanksgiving (and yes it is a fake tree because when I was little I was allergic and now my mom is scared of buying a real one again even though my allergic reactions went away like 12 years ago lol).

2. Damn that's hella early! My family usually doesn't get our tree up until the weekend after Thanksgiving, or the first week of December. Ha your mom must be the type that gets all into holiday decorating, huh?

3. What???? Its not even Thanksgiving yet. In my family we don't even remotely talk about Christmas until the day after Thanksgiving or we get no presents. :( Freshman year sucked ass....

4. I ussually put my tree up when I get off my lazy ass, and cut one from my woods lol.

But after thanksgiving.

5. We don't usually put ours up till like December 20th. And then it's down by Boxing Day. Our fucking cats love to destroy the tree and all the decorations we put on it.

6. Yes she really likes decorating the house. Right now we have a bunch of fall decorations around the house but she's going to start putting the Christmas ones. It is early, most people do start after Thanksgiving but the reason she starts so early is because the village she makes under the tree takes a long time to finish. She has to set up the lights, the little houses, the people, the fake snow, a bunch of other shit. I like helping out with the Christmas tree but when it comes to the village, I let her do her own thing.

7. My family usually puts ours up either the day after Thanksgiving or the first day of December

8. Never celebrated Christmas as a kid, but my wife puts the tree up on December 1st

9. Damn...already talking about Christmas! I just can't believe the whole year is almost gone...where the hell does the time go?

We usually put ours up the weekend after Thanksgiving. I think that's the norm. But, if your Mom wants to go ahead, let her have her fun. It's nice to see people still get that excited over holidays...usually, with me, I don't like mine up too long cause I get tired of redecorating it every morning thanks to the cats screwin around at night...they think it's a huge kitty jungle or something :confused_2:

I will admit, though, I'm a lil more excited for Christmas this year than I have been in awhile...it's my first Grandbaby's first Christmas, so that kinda makes it more of a milestone to remember. I'm going to find him the loudest toy I can...lol :D

10. Mine are still up from last year. Saves time that way. :D

11. Are you a Redneck? lol

:p

12. :laughing: No. :p

I must admit i laughed at my own joke then^ lol

In seriousness tho, it's normally around 1st Dec ish.

13. It's too early for me to even think about christmas. Having a tree right now is beyond my comprehension, lol. We'll put ours up in mid-december and leave it up until new years day.

14. I like Christmas and my last Christmas was great mostly because I spent it with my boyfriend at that time. But I want this year to be over. The guy I fell in love with left me for someone else, my dad had cancer (but he got it removed :) ), ugh it's just been lots of drama. This Christmas is gonna suck being alone :-/

Atleast putting up Christmas trees is fun...

15. I don't put a Christmas tree up til after Thanksgiving...

Holiday festivities are so fun :love:

16. Ha damn that's pretty intense. All we have is a little manger my mom bought like 20 years ago haha.

17. No tree in my house this year.

Prolly put one up at my girls house. Hopefully she don't want to do it too early. Anything before T-Giving is too soon if you ask me.

18. Usually a week or two before Christmas.

Then again, I use my fake tree every year. :p

19. Haaaa those things come in handy. I'd love a real one but they cost too much $$.

20. I have a macramé hanging table that I made as a high activity a few years back, since then I've decorated it like a Christmas tree instead of getting a real (or fake) one.

[​IMG]

Looks pretty much like that, except mine is brown. When it isn't fulfilling it's duties as a Christmas tree (normally Dec15-Dec30) it doubles as a weed table next to my couch.