christmas present for mom?

Discussion in 'General' started by paranoia13, Dec 16, 2005.

1. well this is the FIRST year my mom refuses to ask me for anything for christmas, and i mean i have ideas but this is also the first year im %100 broke and i have no active father around to help out, i wanted to get her a 19" LCD for her computer because she has a big ass clunker but i only have $90 and i feel bad, i have no idea how to make the best of this

2. First, dont buy a card make one, second Moms love you even if you dont get them but a card so you can end it there, or you can buy somthing that comes from the heart, write a poem lots of things you can do with out spending much money

3. what he said man, give her something from the heart and she'll love it.

4. This is just an idea, it obviously depends on your circumstances, but it costs around $80 to get a puppy/kitten from the local animal shelter and have it shots.

Just a thought, if you're intent on giving her a gift.

But for real, what those guys said, if it's from the heart, that's all she cares about.

5. i wouldn't get anyone a pet without checking with them - unless you are DAMN SURE they'll like it. If you are, though, theres so MANY that need homes - it's a great gift - it's like wrapping up love for christmas

6. Honey you could give her a friggin maccaroni necklace spray painted gold and she'll like it. Mom's are funny like that. She's probablt refusing because she knows you're broke.
    $90 aye? I bet you could get her a pretty nice gift set of her favorite perfume for less than that.You'd still have money left over for something else. Then you've got till mother's day to save for the new monitor.

7. we have a dog, thats enough trouble but still we love the damn thing, she didnt know i was broke until i told her a couple hours ago after asking what she wants for like the 5thday in a row, i normally have her pick out jewlery for birthday/motherday/christmas, one year i got her a digital camera(like 2000-2001, expensive 3.2MP back then)

meh ill probably end up pawning my stuff off to get $250-300 for a nicer 19in lcd.....

8. If people ever refuse to tell me what they want for presents, I give them cash. Personally I don't think it's a rude gift, especially if they won't tell me what they want. I'm not psychic, and no one is happy when they get a stupid gift that they don't like and will never use.

9. hell ya feanor..

Im on same boat as you are .. get her a cd or dvd that she hasnt seen ... maybe hat johnny cash movie that came out i kno my mom lvoes neil dimond so find out what she likes!

10. Flowers and a card with a message from you. Moms love that stuff.

11. well i pestered her again today, she wants more glo by jlo......im still gonna try to sell all my old xbox games and my xbox and mabey some other things to see if i could make it to an LCD for her in time.....she always bitches about her bigass clunker viewsonic.

12. just try to find something you know she likes, if you have been around someone long enough they usually tell you things they like.

13. I just listen carfully about things she says that she likes when we go to the mall. Like last month we went to this fancy store and I remember saying how much she loved this tea set, it was only 90 bucks so I bought that. Plus I got her a 40 dollar gift cert for best buy so she can buy her indiana jones dvd's. Just put some thought into your gift man, I think moms appreciate the thought more.

14. ive goten her so far

50cent get rich or die trying soundtrack
    mariah carey the emancipation of mimi plat edition
    eminem curtan call speacial edition
    notorious big duets

got her the four brothers dvd, and a little glow by jlo gift set from sams

(she did ask for all this.....yes shes a mom who listens to rap.....live with it)

what she wanted the most and were sold out everywhere

mary j blige breakthrough
    jamie fox unpredictable

15. Well shit thats the first mom i know that listens to rap. Im sure she'll be happy.

16. lol, she likes to mix it up alot though usually shell listen to rock/christmas/r&b earlier in the day and rap later in the day/night

17. hahaha i got my mom a double dvd of 2 harrison ford movies. I guess she thinks hes cute.

Dr. Jones! No more parachutes!