Christmas present for girlfriend

Discussion in 'General' started by mrblonde77, Dec 15, 2007.

1. Hmmm so recently my gf got rejected from U of Illinois, but I got in. It's most likely the place I'll go b/c of instate tuition, it's the #1 Computer engineering school and my dad went there. So now that I won't be going to college with my girlfriend I think I want to take this opportunity to get her something that'll remind her of me after we separate...which is apparently inevitable. I'm outgoing and everything and real social, but I'm also very nerdy. I love to talk philosophical stuff with my gf and I often reference the Hubble deep field picture taken by the Hubble telescope. So I thought this big poster would something she would like. It'd probably remind her of me and all the good discussions we've had and also it's just such an awe-inspiring picture to look at. Maybe she'll put it up in her dorm :). I also talk about Linux a lot so this would something cute to remind her of me. Hmm or maybe not. I donno Lookin for some ideas and opinions.

2. that's too bad about things not going as planned. :(

as for your present ideas, i think they are awesome and very thoughtful! good job on that. i think she'll appreciate them and they will definitely remind her of you.

3. I would definately stick with the deep space image poster! That is more thoughtful than a mass produced paper weight.:)

4. I'm a HUGE supporter of ron Paul, been telling anyone and everyone about him, but my gf is also a big fan of his. I was thinkin of maybe getting her a ron paul t-shirt from cafepress there's a lot of good ones. Which present(s) do you think I should go w/? I don't want to get her too much but I mean I'm pretty good financial shape nd she's like my only expense alongside drugs haha so I could spend $100 and not mind. I just don't want to make her feel awkward by me spending too much. I'd consider the poster & a t-shirt or maybe the poster & the tux or maybe the t-shirt & the tux....hmm what you guys think?

T-shirts I was lookin at

5. Go for the t-shirt and the poster, that would be an excellent gift.

6. I got a better gift depending on whether or not it's your girlfriends thing.

I recently got my girlfriend a dogtage necklace (she wear alot of funky jewlery) that has a glossy coated picture of us on either side of the metal dogtag.

If you want I could find the ebay seller and you could maybe do a picture of you two on one side and the hubble image on the other or something.

EDIT: I found some pictures where its showing. And maybe its just me, but I feel like I've seen a lovely lady on GC that looks like the second picture of my gf.

Attached Files:

7. I think I'll go w/ the poster & t-shirt. I think I like 2 and 4 best. Which shirt you gusy like best?

8. I'm also in the same predicament... Girlfriend of three and a half months, really want to make it longer, but at the same time don't have a huge budget. We're really into each other too so IDK if I'm supposed to take it to the next level or what.

9. Shit man, I always fail here too... I say get the poster and maybe some good beginners reading to some of that stuff... depends on how much she likes to read, I could help there if you need it.

I guess Im bad at giving gifts because Im too simple, and Id rather just smoke a blunt with my boys and have a burger on the house than get some crazy fancy shit. Wait, fuck that...:D

Just think, what wouldshow her how much you care?

10. i like the idea of the hubble deep space picture. get it framed nice or something. she will always think of you.

11. o_O good idea, except I got a poster of a little smaller in size framed last year and it was 1/2 off b/c of holidays (so I would assume/hope the deal is on again) and it was like $120 :\

Maybe I could find the picture in a smaller size and get it framed? although that might be kinda lame?

12. I'd go out all out dude. You obviously want to leave something for her to remember you buy. You can't just pack away a huge ass poster, but if it is a small picture with a frame? Can be thrown into a boxes u know

13. Im telling you man, get her the photo dog tag. Its $12 and you can put the hubble picture on onse side and something elseon the other.

http://stores.ebay.com/Shades-of-Me...QcolZ2QQdirZQ2d1QQfsubZ11100279QQftidZ2QQtZkm

Scroll down past the "bling" dogtags, the example shown in the store has two pics of orlando bloom.

The one I got my girlfriend she loves, and apparently alot of her friends and female co-workers really liked it too, for being unique and "adorable".

14. Get the Linux penguin too! :D

[​IMG]