Christmas Eve + Christmas went by way to fast for me

Discussion in 'General' started by kingklick1991, Dec 26, 2010.

1. Is it normal when you get older for Christmas eve and Christmas day to go by way to fast? Like I remember when I was 15 and younger I looked forward to Christmas probably starting at the beginning of October. Now im 19 and I still look forward to seeing family and giving/recieving gifts, but it just didnt feel long/eventful enough. Like last night I went to my aunts house and hung out there with maybe 20 other relatives but it seemed like the night went by so fast and I didnt really enjoy it as much as I used to. Then this morning was fun but still the same feeling. Then my other relatives came over and that was fun but now thinking back it didnt seem like it was that long ago that they got here. Maybe it was because all day we just sat around talking watching my dad and mom cook but it just dosent seem the same as when I was little. Is every christmas going to feel this way? :cry:

2. paint a wall and watch it dry. Then you wont feel like the night has went quickly :laughing:

3. I know how you feel dude, we went and had our traditional brunch yesterday and dinner today with my cousins and aunt n uncle but its so much different now that I'm 18. I am working on joining the military, hopefully the Coast Guard and everyone was treatin me like an adult it was the shit. First christmas I got to drink at, it was my best Christmas fa sho. But I guess its mostly since I worked with my cousin a lot this past year so I got to know him and a lot of the people at the feast a lot better. But damn dude, Christmas is pretty much over now and it definitely flew by, I wish it lasted longer too.

4. I found that once I got out of high school time starting passing much more quickly. I used to anticipate Christmas and be counting down the days up until I was about 16, but now an entire year feels like what December used to feel like to me.:(

5. same here. Feels bad :(. All my aunts and uncles left but I wish they played some more christmas specials on tv or something today that we could have watched. Like seriously why is lord of the rings on tv on christmas? Id rather watch rudolf or frosty the snowman.

6. You can probably find those videos online pretty easily. My parents bought the Christmas classics on DVD since we no longer buy satellite, so we can watch them uncut whenever we want, without commercials!

When CBC cut out the part in Rudolph where the abominable snowman gets smoked in the head with a boulder I got pissed off.:mad:
    Fuck public television!

7. Life is just flying by now. Man I miss the days where I would watch little rascals over and over.

8. Yeah i think it's because I'm older now

this Christmas seemed like no one was really "into it" this year

still had fun with friends and family though...

9. This was the first year i didn't get to watch "a christmas story"

10. It changes. This year was for sure different for me. But now, it's for my little sister and my niece.

We all have the same feelings OP... But that's why we have to spread those feelings and memories to our children and our younger family. So they can have the memories.

Christmas is about being with your family and adding magic to kids life.

We're not kids anymore, so the magic isn't there to be given to us, it's to be given away by us.

11. Is it weird that the only thing I noticed in this post was "Giving/recieving"?