Christians?

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by Boats And Hoes, Dec 21, 2013.

1. #1 Boats And Hoes, Dec 21, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 21, 2013
    In the Bible it's written:

''How can you say, 'We are wise because we have the word of the LORD,' when your teachers have twisted it by writing lies?" -- Jeremiah 8:8

So, the Bible itself warns of the Council of Nicaea... :smoke:

2. I don't get it

3. #3 0ri0n, Dec 21, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2013
    Wut

4. @[member="marvajuana"] very good point.
    Historically, there have been many interpretations for the Bible, namely, Literal, Metaphysical, Ethical, Poetical/mythological, and something to do with art and mysticism. The literal interpretation was often thrown out right away back in the olden days in Europe and favoured a more metaphysical approach which allowed for theology. But then that was taken up by reformation because the former was twisting the words and making that which was into that which it was not. It became un-Biblical. So the literal was in favour because that was the word and it corresponded to Logos. However, this has been adopted very badly, it too has become twisted as this book, this myth-legend seriously lacks normative guidance and logic seems absent within it. There is no way one can live by the words of the Bible, it doesn't even tell one how to pray.
    All primitive societies and communal groups around biblical times shared similar myths and stories, I think it was an attempt to find meaning and order in this world we live, and we still cannot get it right, I call for a new Bible for a new world, one which includes weed of course!

Come on BnH, you know most Christians know very little about their most sacred book.  If you could obtain an honest poll from Christians concerning your post, I bet you'd find that most of them were unaware of that quoted scripture you used and know basically knowing about the First Nicene Council.   Organized religion keeps its followers as ignorant as possible. 

6. Do you believe the same of Sikhism?

I don't know many Sikhs and haven't seen evidence that they majority of them are quite ignorant about their religion.  So, no, I wouldn't necessarily come to that conclusion about Sikhs.

8. #10 nawky, Dec 22, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 22, 2013
    I want to debate Christianity in ur threadz yoSent from my SPH-D710BST using Grasscity Forum mobile app

9. For six days work is to be done, but the seventh day is a day of sabbath rest, holy to the Lord. Whoever does any work on the Sabbath day is to be put to death.

Exodus 31

I'll bet money everyone in here has to die now.

Or, you know, this book is full of it.