Christians, what would you do

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by KundaliniRising, Sep 23, 2009.

1. If you found out for 100% sure that your god is completely fake, that he was made up to keep the average person from advancing and submissive so they were easy to control, and those who know the truth could advance for themselves to attain massive power and wealth.

I'm not saying you find out that there is no god, only that you find out that your entire belief is a big lie that is so obvious that most with any logic know he can't possibly exist yet you believe in him anyway

Would you commit suicide, would you beg forgiveness and acceptance from the real god/gods, what would your reaction be, would your world be torn apart?

2. I would accept a concept I believe is fundamental to the human condition, which is we never truly know. It's okay to be wrong; we're all operating under different circumstances and different drives. We aren't mindless robots that adhere strictly to logic or can. Truth is, people are easily fooled, whether they are ruled by reason or religion. There are times, many times, we see what want to see and do everything to exclude a competing reality if it contradicts what we hold dear.

If I were to commit suicide for being wrong I'd be ascribing to life something no one can, certainty.

3. People would not stop believing, its so burnt into their mind, that any proof would we be "a challenge of god to test our faith!"

4. Ya i was going to say, it has already been proven wrong in many ways. Their reaction is exactly like you say.

5. How could one be 100% sure of anything?

Are you 100% sure that there is not life on any other planet?

How would you prove it? You would have to visit every other planet to prove it absolutely.

Even if you died today and never had another conscious moment it would not prove that God does not exist. It would only prove that God was not willing to give you eternal life.

You should turn the question around. If God came down here and gave you a good swift kick in the ass and promised that he is real, would you denounce atheism and worship God?

6. This would be hard to fathom for any christian as you cannot disprove god. You actually cannot disprove anything that does not exisit, you dont have to. You can only prove it.

7. I think what the OP is getting at is IF it were proven, not if it could be proven. IF it were somehow proven, what would your reaction be?

8. IF if could be proven (I could argue against you quite well, but for the sake of this argument), I would say What else can I study to believe in?

9. to disprove God would take Godly power. it would reassure me.
    im just playin... i dont think it could happen tho.

10. #10 KundaliniRising, Sep 23, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 23, 2009

I'll pass. And I never said that you found out there was no god, only that you found out that your god is fake, and other gods that your religion deemed "of the devil" turned out to be the true gods, or some other religons god.

You can't prove there is no god, but you could prove there to be a god if the circumstances happened, so what if these circumstances happened, and by being taught to praise jehovah and curse satan (meaning adversary, a compelation of all the gods who were seen as enemies of christianity) you've really been blaspheming (sp?) the real gods your entire life.

You would feel the same kind of fear that an atheist/blasphemer would feel during the rapture or if jehova came down and proved his existence. A fear that your eternal soul might be damned because you believed the wrong thing and blasphemed god.

11. I'd get into debauchery and find some Roman patricians to nail me to a couple pieces of wood.

12. Oh, I think I understand.

This is exactly what the Freemasons, Nazis, Theosophists, Illuminati, New Agers, Wiccans, and Druids believe. They believe that Lucifer is really a good guy who only wanted to give Adam enlightenment and Yahweh is the evil one trying to thwart him.

I already know that to be a fraud.

First of all Lucifer murdered Adam. Adam did eventually die. He also murdered most of the prophets and God knew that he would also murder Jesus.

Jesus healed the lame, cured the the blind, fed the hungry and forgave the repentant while Lucifer and the world would have euthanized the lame, institutionalized the blind, marginalized the hungry and condemned the repentant.

I don't know about you, but that's all the proof I need. :smoking:

13. ^^^ Oh.... my lord....:bolt:

14. But how can you know that for 100%? All of the latter knowledge that you think you know comes from an old book.

15. I think Jesus knew black magic, not that big of a deal in those days. way over rated

16. That is where faith comes in.

Its your faith in Jesus and his grace that gets you saved by Jesus, nothing else.

Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

For by it the elders obtained a good report.

Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear.

Heb 11:1-3

If you could prove God exists it would be impossible to get saved. Faith is a requirement.

17. So, most of you are saying that the 'good guy' is the one that got Hitler to murder/burn all those people?

18. Most of the "religions" you just named aren't even religions, lol. Freemasons believe in a divine architect that created the universe, not a "God" in the sense of a divine being. Nazis weren't even a religion, they were a political party. Theosophists don't even really have a "God" they believe that all religions are just a way to better humanity. The Illuminati are a supposed group of people secretly controlling the government, not a religion. New Agers as a general belief believe in a "God" in the sense that he/she/it is all nature, not some omnipotent being watching everyone. Wiccans believe in a God and a Goddess in the sense that the complement each other (day/night, sun/moon, etc.). I suppose you could view that in the sense of good/bad, but they don't as a general rule. Druidry is pretty much just the worship/respecting of nature, not to be confused with the worship you see in Christianity and other religions of the sort. These religions don't even subscribe to the Adam and Eve story.

Next, according to the Bible (which I am assuming your getting your "info" from since you mention Adam, Eve, Satan, Jesus, and the prophets), Satan/Lucifer was a fallen angel that was banished from Heaven for going against Gods will. He was actually Gods "favorite" angel which led him to to think he was better then other angels which lead him to get his ideas. Satan didn't kill Adam, he convinced Eve to partake of the forbidden fruit from the Tree of Knowledge, which she gave to Adam which he ate as well. If Satan killed Adam he never would have had Cain and Able along with the rest of the children he had. The Bible even says Adam lived to be 900-something years old. Judas is the one that betrayed Jesus, and the Romans are the ones that crucified and killed him. Not Satan.

In short, your entire post was pretty much just a jumble of asinine claims that aren't even backed up by the book your supposedly getting your "facts" from. I'm not even a Christian (although I went to church when I was little) and I know these things.

For the record I'm agnostic and I don't subscribe to any religion/god.

19. #19 Senior PoopiePants, Sep 24, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 24, 2009
    Yeah, needing to have FAITH in the first place should be the first indication that it's BS. And then to blindly believe in a fucking BOOK... It just gets me.

Don't get me wrong. I think that there are some HISTORIC truths (they do know where Sodom and Gomorrah was), but as far as making a RELIGION out of it and using this "Faith" is a whitewash.

But it's (not so) funny to see how people really ARE brainwashed, and they're all brainwashed in the same way! Anything that doesn't jive with the bible is SATAN. Gimme a fuckin break already.

I mean, I believe in the ultimate good force and the ultimate bad force, but it's just + and - in my eyes. Simple as that. This bible personifies these things into actual entities!!!

Wow. Here. I can do this too:

Believe in my car, and abhor my bike. If you don't believe in my car, you will go to hell and burn for eternity. Same fuckin thing.

And this is why I get so pissed off. Because you people (yup, I said it) really believe in this all or nothing crap. If you don't believe JC died for you, you will burn forever in hell. THAT'S YOUR FAITH RIGHT THERE... It's not faith. It's fuckin FEAR.

^^^ And that just about sums it up.

This is the kind of shit that all of this satan and god (from the bible) crap causes:

http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/09/23/florida.family.dead/index.html
    " Florida dad admits killings, blames 'devil' "

"Mesac Damas, 32, said he wanted to take his own life, but did not have the courage to go through with it, "because if you kill yourself, you're not going to heaven."

Damas faces six counts of premeditated first-degree murder in the deaths of his wife, Guerline Damas, 32; and the couple's five children -- Michzach, 9; Marven, 6; Maven, 5; Megan, 3; and Morgan, 11 months, police have said. The six bodies were found Saturday in the family's North Naples, Florida, home after relatives called police saying they had not been heard from.

Asked by the reporter in Haiti why he killed his family, Damas responded, "Only God knows." Questioned further, he blamed the crime on his mother-in-law. "Her mom pretty much made me do it -- the devil, her spirit, whatever she worships," he said.

Damas added, "When I did it, [my] eyes [were] closed but right now my eyes are open." He repeatedly asked the reporter, "Do you believe in Jesus Christ," and stated, "The devil exists."

20. You can believe that gnostic crap if you like.

I recommend that you read more. :smoking:

Blue Letter Bible

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]