Christianity

Discussion in 'Politics' started by LSYouTiger, Dec 6, 2012.

1. I consider myself an atheist, but my opinions are evidenced based. The more and more I smoke pot and think about the world and how it works on fundamental levels, the more I realized how correct the bible is. If we follow the bible, not necessarily to a t, we can insure our presence on Earth for years to come. If we do not, there will be much hardship and our existence on earth may be limited.

I hate the debate over the existence of god. For one, does it matter if it exists or does not. Another reason, we spend our time debating God's existence and ignore everything Jesus said.

Many of our problems in today's society can be fixed by learning what this dude and the bible says to do.

We are horrible caretakers of Earth. Climate change can not be ignored anymore and sea levels are rising. Well over 50% of the human population lives on the coast, what is going to happen when they start moving away from the coast?

The Mighty Mississippi, is also mighty toxic. Louisiana has the highest rate of breast cancer in the US, i believe the Mississippi is polluting our drinking water. Louisiana has more bridges than all of the US combines, which means we have a crap load of waterways. A lot of waterways to spread the toxic water.

An even bigger problem we face is the dead zone in the gulf of mexico.
    The Gulf of Mexico Dead Zone
    [​IMG]

The dead zone affects every aspect of sea life, which affects land dwellers. nearly all ocean life depends on the coast directly or indirectly. And we are destroying it.

Material world is dangerous
    We live in a material world. Its about what you have, dont have, and want to have. This is a problem that also impacts us being caretakers of Earth. We take resources from the Earth, make objects and things that we really don't need. And we are lef with trash. That trash is sent off to third world countries, the trash consists of toxic chemicals that are harmful to the natives of third world countries.
    Material possessions cause us to overlook what is important, like doing what we need to insure our existence.

Marriage is no longer a priority
    Marriage is not what is once was. More people are getting divorces, and not as many people are getting married anymore. This hurts our economy. You need families to build a strong economy. When you have two people, married, they share their money and they buy houses and a bunch of other shit. This happened during the Roman times, the emperor gave tax cuts to families. We need more families to build a strong economy.

TL;DR:
    We are horrible caretakers of Earth, our society lacks the morals it needs to maintain a strong economy. Our existence on Earth is being threatened by none other than ourselves. If we do nothing, our existence on Earth may be dwindling.

2. Very good post :)

3. Why is this in the political section?

4. If we follow the bible, we can actually speed up the downfall of humanity.

5. Follow the Gov. and we can do it faster.. its race, see you at the bottom brah. Anyways, get this crap out of the politics section cool beans.

6. Or imagine if the government follows it.

We'd already be at the bottom.

7. Well be there soon enough ;0 religion or not. Government is the religion of the masses anyways. Time for you all to find a new scapegoat.

8. I don't know what else to scapegoat.

9. I agree with every bit of this.

10. The post seems on par with politics. Lightly.

Jesus should REDO. Again.

11. Super emphasis on "lightly".

12. The following in GENERAL is a problem.

We all need to do a little more thinking than following.

There are good lessons to be learned if some parts of the bible; Parts, as in you have to cherry-pick your way to what you want to accept, out of what has been left for you to choose from.

More thinking, less following. Not just religiously, either.

13. The bible, you could say, is morally correct, but do you need a book thats full of fake stories that claim to be real, to tell you whats right from wrong. Then you could ask the question where did morals come from. Good post op cos now im really thinking. When i read the bible (for research) i said the same thing, this guy had it sussed out. If we lived according to this book the world would be better.

14. There are good (moral) parts of it, but it also advocates a shitload of violence.

Its more common to hear about certain parts than others.

15. There is nothing in the "good" parts of the bible that is absent in previous philosophies, or current ones.
    Love thy neighbor, golden rule, don't murder, etc isn't bible-based.
    You don't need religion to tell you what's good for you just like you don't need government to tell you what's good for you.

Lol OP is super high out of this world if you ask me.

We want to 'save the planet' out of narrow self interest.

The planet isn't going anywhere, and we aren't even close to the worst thing that has happened to the planet.

16. ^ Exactly.. People who dont stumble upon the truth as it exists today are..

1.) apathetic
    2.) idiotic
    3.) cowardice

Atheists / Chrstians alike.

17. The stories themselves are useless. The stories we read and watch today are just as useless. That does not mean there is something to learn and take from them.

18. I think OP means, more or less, to just follow the 10 commandments - or more like a few of them (excluding the first few about other gods, worshipping idols, etc.).

Actually, I think he means to just do what Jesus would do.

And keep the equation of gods and godhood out of it.

Am I on the right track? If so, I agree and that's why I liked the posts.

19. I didn't know where else to put it. I think of it as a economic, social, and politics as one single entity. And the post has to do with the problems we face socially, economically, and politically.

And I figure it would be better discussed in politics as opposed to General or Spirituality, or whatever the religion thread is called.

20. I agree, im talking more the words of jesus himself thats in the bible, they make sense. The thing i always ask, why only those books for the bible, what about all the other gospels that didnt make it into the bible. The gospel of James, supposedly Josephs son by a previous marriage, the apostle Philip. Idk it just all sounds a bit nonsense, not saying it didnt have a purpose, i just think, if not all, then a lot of it is untrue.