Christianity vs nihilism/atheism??

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by Ultramaxx, Oct 29, 2021.

1. #1 Ultramaxx, Oct 29, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2021
    I see it as a positive vs negative
    I really only thing negative so I tried Christianity and all it had caused was Thanato phobia , and nightmares episodes ..
    I don’t dis believe that there is a God. , but mortality is enough for me to question if I got to possibly exist.. no proof of anything after death , just a god man Jesus who somehow survived death yet we have no proof … if it happened 2000 years ago I don’t see this kingdom of heaven as anything I was in a fairy story..
    I just got a omni potent it would create anything that could die…
    Scientifically I have a side with latter , all I worry about is being trapped and no Chance of anything but oblivion. Cannot imagine the terror of dying .. but this devil thing isn’t anywhere to be found , mankind fits his description.
    Hitchens and hawking and more all could not find any real proof of an afterlife… nor could Einstein or any genius do anything to help defeat death or aging or cancer ..

If Jesus was just a madman then either way his message was a metaphor for the truth .. son of god , messiah , big fuzzy , king ..
    He could be the chupicobra or Bigfoot for all I care and no he didn’t defeat death …otherwise it would not exist .
    Also are humans fallen angels? That makes more sense .
    If anything was as powerful as this made up Lucifer thing it would in fact be god . Yet to be no proof of him or the beast 666 or anything, …
    Just seems like a very interesting made up story for entertaining the masses .. to bow down to the pope .

which philosophy/ religion wins ? That’s your opinion I won’t say …
    None of it makes any sense intellectually.. a paradox

2. Max, it's called faith. Even if God didn't exist it would be better to believe and try to live like the bible says rather than not believe and then find out he does live.
    And besides it helps man to live better and look better towards his fellow humans.
    Don't you think?
    It would be chaos if no one believed. Not a world I want to live in.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. It seems god is money these days , all the toxins added to food , fluoride, lead in water table . It seems eugenics is these governments versions of god ,
    Unless by some miracle there is an afterlife , without proof it’s as real as the Easter bunny … IMO

4. History says otherwise that religion, "helps man to live better and look better towards his fellow humans".

Religion and money, which go together hand in glove, are the root of all ails in my opinion. Religion never was nor ever will be in the game of salvation, it's all about control, control, control. Shell games, plain as day.

Hindu fanatics, Islam's 100 virgin harems awaiting a jihad, bible bashing western fundamentalists, Catholic priests raping thousands and thousands of kids etc... Pure shame, pure shame on those who practice such badness and madness and on those who enable.

That's not to say insight can't be gleaned from the world's pantheon of religions, lots of grains of salt and scepticism required though. Blind faith is a fool's game.

Worth keeping an eye on which religions are close to nature and operate at similar rhythms: paganism, old skool Celt/Norse traditions, Maori/Aussie Aboriginal traditions, shamanic tribes found around the planet's equator band etc. That's where the action is.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  5. Ah easter came from the pagans, it's their celebration of fertility We christians adopted it when there were the wars and Christianity wasn't sure to win. So they merged so to speak.
    I struggle with the same as you.
    When my 15 yr old was killed I questioned God and was pissed off at him.
    Then a few years later I lost my oldest son at the age of 28.
    Am I a version of Job? God I hope not, I can't handle losing anything else right now.

But yeah, money, greed has taken over religion in a bad way.

6. #6 GroBuddy, Oct 30, 2021
    To think we made it here by chance is a hard idea to process. The idea of living life with no reason and for nothing but to work our asses off most of our lives to pay the government and live, is also hard to swallow. I was raised Pentecostal, in my mid 20s I started studying various religions. Why well a few issues didn't sit right with me after all the years I was a Christian. The main one was how could a forgiving loving God banish one to hell because of where they were born. If I was born in another country besides a Christian nation I would probably follow their religious views, and in turn go to hell because I wasn't raised Christian. We all know what the bible says about false gods. Hinduism or Buddhism was the best religions for treating others and living imo.

I believe there has to be a creator but who's right. Christians, Judaism, Islam, Hinduism, buddhism, sikhism, jainism, Baháʼí Faith, Zoroastrianism, Taoism, Confucianism, Atheism, Catholicism, Shinto, Polytheism, Agnosticism, Rastafari, Mormonism, Wicca, Protestant, Chinese folk religion, Caodaism, Traditional African religions, Gnosticism.

Could even break it down further into the multitude of religions with a religion. Christianity doesn't even know which way is right. Pentecostal, Baptist ect. If all it takes is to have faith and live right why even give religion a title.

That's more than not going to hell. If the king James is the correct book.

Moreover god or the idea of is used to govern over everything

Really the only thing I'm hanging onto for the after life is I've seen 2 ghosts. After the second one I had a allergic reaction I have one every 7 years, since then.

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. @GroBuddy
    Yeah If we was born in afghanistan we would be muslim and fighting the christians soldiers invading our country and forcing their religion down our throats.
    Makes you set and wonder don't it. What about the American Indians who lived and died here without ever hearing about Jesus? Are they going to hell? They believed in the great spirit and lived that way.
    Makes my head hurt sometimes, so I stop and pray for understanding.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. I think adopting and merging are very kind ways of putting it, no? :)

Here in the Celtic lands of the north all of the old historic stone churches (some dating almost 1000 years old, possibly older) are built around yew trees. All of them. Yew was perhaps thee most sacred tree to pagan traditions. The hub so to speak. So when Christianity moved in with fire, scripture and birchrod, they immediately identified and colonised the most important sites of the religion, and then assimilated much of their pagan folklore into the Bible in order to "appease" the natives, as it were. And so recently, we've began to discover that yew tree pollen actually has a hallucinogenic effect, and if enough time is spent within their vicinity, visions and trips are sure to follow. Go figure...

Look to the rhythms of nature and the plant kingdoms for sources of divinity, not cryptic tomes or the pulpit. That path leads to badness and madness, self evident when you look around the world today, much of it shaped under the auspices of religion.

Sorry to hear about your children. Truly. I will take that into consideration when engaging in the future. Cheers.

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. Thanks AC. I've always wanted to see the old churches, castles and stuff like that. It's been interesting to me.
    Yeah it's again, whos right and whos wrong. Think we all may be wrong. God is for all beings I think.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Yeah if there’s a god it’s beyond out understanding , Christianity has a lot of eclectic older religion techings also . Astro theology is another , along with 20+ other religions very similar to Christianity.
    Maybe the astrological events in t
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Astrolatry
    Hard to make any sense of the madness of snake churches etc .. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snake_handling_in_religion
    so some sects are a Little crazy house ..
    It makes you wonder how terrifying dying was for the billions or trillions who came before . Bubonic plague ..
    Everything just feels pointless,
    As far as I can see thanos is no less possible to exist then these pagan and religious gods .. I can’t understand what the reason for existence is just to end , Dagon fish god sort of silly stuff.
    Thanos
    The only unfortunate thing is humanity didn’t destroy itself before we were here , so adds Another layer of meaningless.
    Would be better to not existed then to have nightmares and worries about mortality ..

I wonder why almost every religion or cult relies on faith rather then proof , so basically it’s a shot in the dark if anything exists outside of the meterial world . Cannot rule out other dimensions but I’d say our odds aren’t good if the brain creates consciousness, And not some soul as religious teachings.
    Buddhism and other religions who deny god exists , are essentially founded by the skeptics of mythraism and Christianity and its fellow copycats . The Abraham make religions are very interesting but the stories are full of holes.
    If anything I’ll say it’s good entertainment , why not imagine a way of surviving death although science and the medical field has failed us.
    It’s all hypothetical scenario, i’m sure anyone of any religion or atheism or anything would like there to be an afterlife.

Its just impossible to imagine non existent, and nothing is more terrifying, why isn’t society concerned anything but entertaining and money and celebrity’s.
    If anything revelations it is a very interesting story true or not. Very disturbing horror story probably closer to how bad it is to not exist ..
    Father Time annihilates everything, even the universe will crumble .. although solar bodies like stars and planets are eternal and live forever compared to any unfortunate living thing .
    Existence is like rolling the dice on Russian roulette with a unlimited supply of ammo … and every shot fatal .

Really the only hope is somehow angels or ghosts or souls or spirits exist .. but doubt and lack of proof is why people Believe in one or the other.
    It’s a mystery ..

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. #11 Ultramaxx, Oct 30, 2021
    Very sorry yeah I think we all got stuck in something so sad and miserable, of any existence worse than any Lucifer or angel name in the Bible real or false .. could had suffered worse then eternal fire is , silence and nothing ness .
    I have a hard time agreeing with any single religion or non religion maybe each one has parts of the truth . And parts of the added lies from currupt leaderships.
    I cannot even imagine the sadness to be a last family member Alive lost all relatives and have Alzheimer's disease or something , it’s the ones who are gone … is it to be deleted from existing,
    If there were physical angels or supernatural beings they seem to have died off long before mankind , .. or in another dimension.
    All I do sometimes is worrying about this sad topic , insomnia and anxiety are amplified or triggered. Had anxiety attacks a lot over it and other stuff .

Lucky wild animals there happy until they are gone .. humans mental capacity makes the temporary seem pointless. Essentially a Biological computer or battery that only lasts so long …

And if evolution created everything then it seems the super rare existence of life is a miracle but a curse because it’s temporary. It’s like hitting the jackpot on a shit lottery; prize is to be decimated by aging , and sickness . It’s sad …
    If god created it , very unlikely then he must hate life so much he wants to kill it all and is more like the Christian devil .
    It’s just too much thinking and easy to burn your self out worrying about it , need ways to think About something else or positive…

12. Religious belief is not based in rationality but in wishful thinking. People are certainly welcome to that, but I personally find that kind of thing rather inhibiting.

You have to give this life the most meaning you can. It's not going to come from the sky. There may be a life after this, there may not be. But for sure this is the one life you know you'll get.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. #13 Ultramaxx, Oct 30, 2021
    https://bigthink.com/life/sixth-mass-extinction-anthropocene-23-species-extinct/

Can add every species ever to exist to the list eventually , including humanity..
    and this is the most negative aspect and or thing everyone fears the most . Who wouldn’t rather be eternally stuck in fire or whatever ::: fairy tale unicorn gods .
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eternal_oblivion
    Other religions have the re incarnation theory , that would also be a lot better then oblivion or whatever non existence is ..
    Odds are no other life exists anywhere, and if it does it’s long extinct or mankind long extinct before the long millions of years space travel .
    So it’s like the worst luck, the 1/10000000” trillion chance of our existence, only last a short time ..
    I told a counselor I don’t care if I live 30 or 60 more years it makes no difference, if the material works is the only existence. What’s the point of being healthy either haha .. to delay the doom clock .
    Wishful thinking is a lot better then imagining the horrible fate , no wonder hitler and other tyrants do this stuff … would’ve been better off if they succeeded at time travel or destroyed the earth before we were born .
    I don’t see any positive other then the almost zero percent chance life had to exist in the first place.. but it’s gone almost instantly…

The real only slim chance of hope is if science ends go wrong. .. but I guess you wouldn’t be aware your not around . Unless Buddhism and science and those non diety bass stuff ends up true . Honestly it’s impossible to know anything.. for sure .

• Informative Informative x 1
  14. Wow ghosts ?
    Hopefully there is something after it seems a sad fate to worry about nothing ness.
    it’s such a wild topic coming back and reading my old thread, missionary is a military term technically. Go into foreign nations and you change everything first starting with the religions then come the banks and soon it’s a western nation.​