Christianity is inherantly evil

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by yurigadaisukida, May 13, 2011.

1. wow, are you serious?

2. teaching evil and being taught evil are different.. right?

3. Yup, deadly serious!

4. Well, I can teach things which are widely considered to be evil, but it can only produce evil if the people I teach allow themselves to do evil things.

5. #85 fugit, May 16, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2011
    Would it be in our best intrest as humans, to not promote evil teachings?

(edited the original question which was "would it be in our best interest to not teach evil)

6. Yes.

HOWEVER, when 2 billion people call themselves Christian, and Christianity is intimitely tied into the bible, focusing on a few bad passages and expecting them to just give up their entire faith because of them is not realistic, by any means. Many Christians have managed to remain Christian, yet not go and murder people, and in fact be very compassionate people. We should, in my opinion, start working on philosophies of life that ALL can apply into their lives, and within these philosophies such evil will not have a place to arise, even if there are a few obscure passages that promote things which we find to be wrong/evil.

7. YES. However, not those evil teachings.

8. #88 fugit, May 16, 2011
    Okay point taken. So let's not focus on a few passages. Let's focus on a CORE belief of Christianity, and see where it takes us shall we?

If I were to tell you that I had tortured someone to the point of ultimate misery, to the point that nothing would be considered worse than this ultimate torture to this person, would you consider this evil? I will assume that you agree this would be considered evil?

Now imagine that I have the power to inflict this ultimate torture and condemn them to experience this pain, agony, and suffering for eternity. If I were to place someone in this eternal misery, would you consider this act evil?

This is what Jesus does to you if you do not believe in him. This is a CORE value of Christianity, not just some passage. You are only granted passage into heaven through Jesus, otherwise you are condemned to hell.

9. Have you read the TANAKH? There is much more then a few examples of evil, look at the patriarchs, book of judges, check out Saul and David in 1 and 2nd Samuel and 1 kings, I won't even go into the many examples of genocide, I literally cannot reconcile a loving christian god with the traditional Judaic El Shaddai.

10. The truth is that none of the bible is very true, maybe some of it references actual events, but in reality it was a scheme, just like the salesman going door to door with his magazine subscriptions, once you sign up you keep paying and paying, and they tell you whatever they need to, to get you to blindly allow them to do as they please and pay their salaries to boot. Why do you think most politicians are christian? cause it gets votes from all the religious people, and allows him to cover up wrongdoings by referencing god and his will. It's fuckedd just sayin

11. There is no such thing as good and evil, right or wrong, in morals.

12. You would think that any religious fanatic would only care about peace and love towards others, but members of organized religion seem to forget these things. Are all religions really different from one another? No, they all explain that a person should have good morals and a conduct code to live by. There is no place in any religious doctrine that says "Seek out people who are different and persecute them."

When people can just acknowledge faith and religion without letting it control their lives, it is good. However, it seems as if religion will always cloud it's followers minds if they can't control it.

13. You are right there there is no such thing as good and evil, right or wrong, at an ULTIMATE level.

However, I think statements like that will simply cause people to misunderstand what you are saying. I think it is best to clarify what morality is, and by so doing I think we will clear up the confusion.

Morality is a subjective system which humans agree upon. Therefore, in morality, there is good and evil, right and wrong. HOWEVER, these are subjective, and merely things which we come together and agree upon. At an ultimate level, these things do not exist.

14. Jesus also taught not to judge others, nor to try to convert people on the basis of fear, or even look at God in terms of fear. Therefore, this "hell principle" should be rather irrelevent in a Christian's conduct towards others, if they truly follow Jesus. They can beleive whatever they want about the afterlife. It shouldn't affect their conduct towards others, in this life, on this planet.

15. #95 Postal Blowfish, May 16, 2011
    Which is rather hypocritical, since god judges and uses fear to convert people into believing. Do as I say, not as I do.

Jesus, who is also God, and stated the the old rules should still be followed. If people live by god's rules, they will be evil people. They will consider themselves good people, because they're obeying their master, but relative to the rest of us the result is evil.

16. Is placing someone in eternal suffering and misery evil?

17. Not if you give them the option of eternal happiness, if they just admit to living in sin and that yeshua hamashiach is the lord our god!

I have some fun christian neighbors and they always point out it is a choice, you would be placing yourself there, its all nonsense!

18. Not if you blame the victims

19. I think the basic principle of removing responsibility for the harm you have caused by asking a dead man, who was simply trying to forgive the sins of Israel which caused their occupation, for forgiveness, is morally wrong. I also think temporal actions do not result in eternal consequence. When we speak of fundamentalism in a bad way, we sometimes miss the fact that it only shows that the fundamentals of the religion are bad. Same with extremism. As Sam Harris said, "the more extreme a Jain gets, the less you need to worry about them." or something like that. So as soon as one acknowledges that religious fundamentalism is detrimental to society, they are saying that the fundamentals are bad. The basics are bad. Inherently bad to follow.

20. I think that people mistake the small details for the fundamentals. Thus, fundamentalism is a misnomer.