Christianity is inherantly evil

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by yurigadaisukida, May 13, 2011.

1. impossible!!! only a religious person could do horrible irrational things like that!!!

;)

2. generalizing all of humanity isn't a step up from generalizing all of religion.

3. Right. We should strive to eradicate such evil. NOT the label which people who have done such things have given themselves.

4. One way of doing that would be to identify the "evil," and convince people who are associated with "evil" people to participate in preventing "evil." It isn't as if "evil" christians are going to listen to atheists or other religions when they try to convince them to be less "evil."

Generalizing the entire species is a step back from generalizing religion. If we were evil by nature no one would want to be good.

5. Well, I certainly don't believe we're evil by nature or anything like that..but, SOME people do "evil" things, within all different groups.

6. Exclusive religion must end before "evil" can be ended. A religion that demands things be ordered its way will always inspire bigotry and violence. If we are interested in the cessation of evil, we absolutely must end this practice. This is the main avenue of dehumanization in society. Anyone can commit atrocities if the target is sufficiently dehumanized and despised.

7. Many people turn to religion when they encounter big struggles or go through difficult times. It helps them become better people, it gives them hope. Its not like religion suddenly turns them into bad people.

8. Yet there are christians who do not say that anyone who is not Christian is evil, or even will go to hell. And yet some won't accept them. That is bigotry, and is inherently evil.

9. What about the government and the laws that are imposed and forced on you? Shouldnt you worry about that more than some book you dont believe in?

10. What made you think I don't? Posting about religions in a religion thread?

11. Humans aren't inherently evil, some humans just learn to be evil in order to survive. This is only magnified as our society becomes more obsessed with power and wealth.

12. Bible=2 bulls=red bull logo=2 bulls="red" bull=blood of the bull=mass humans taking part in mass blood drinking sacrifice.

13. ours law's are made by christian zealot's, and there for need to be stopped at it's flawed source.

14. Please man, our corrupt government and politicians are far from true Christians. Infact, Jesus was crucified for speaking out against a government similar to what we have today. Why do you think people who speak out against the government end up dead? Our government isnt run on Christian values.

15. thank god, we'd all be forced to go to church.

16. your right they don't tell us how women can't have control over their bodies or how medical research can be conducted which could be the next biggest thing since antibiotics (stem cell), and how could i forget about the thousands of gay's being discriminated against. silly me , christians zealot's what was i thinking. every president that has entered the oval office has claimed to be a christian. but your right they don't run our country.

17. I love the term (true christian's). i would love to see half of the people that say it on forums say it face to face, after the holy war i wouldn't be bothered with idiot's knocking on my door telling me the planet is 6,000 years old.

18. Question: Can a teaching be evil?

19. Can evil be taught?

:smoke:

20. To a degree