christianity dumb

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by huntr, Aug 7, 2011.

1. My point was, if the government implemented a law that allowed them to kill any and all criminals desired, say all murderers, rapists, major drug trafficers, you not only would see a major decline in crime in these areas, but it would get to a point that it was almost nonexistent. That is where the "rational" part of my statement came in to play. That will never happen... Not here, anyway.

2. i disagree...i personally think such action would be the last straw and public revolt would quickly follow in the wake of such a decision.....just my opinion....

and btw.....people are still killing each other...even tho you can get put to death for it....
    and the government ...who makes these laws....kill more people then anyone elts does.....

3. Do you realize how many people DO NOT speed because of the fear of getting caught? I know I certainly make a habit to not speed because I dont want to risk getting caught.

If it was legal to smoke weed in public then we would see it very often. People have to hide themselves. I hardly see anyone hitting a pipe in public freely.

I never said the laws will prevent all crimes. My point is that the laws effect the way you live your life, you are forced to take precautions when breaking them.

4. #64 Kush Lord, Aug 10, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 10, 2011

Dude, people are afraid to change lanes without signaling because of the risk of being pulled over. Even a simple traffic ticket prevents people from breaking the law, and you're talking about the death penalty.

The original point wasnt that laws prevent all crimes...my point is that it effects you--you are forced to take precautions because of it.

5. not the people i know.....i would say maybe 2 out of 10 people i have ridden with ...follow traffic laws....
    tickets do not keep people in general from breaking the law...
    and nither does the death penalty....just take a look round yourself....
    if this system of law was so effective...then i still say why are people breaking that shit every day!!!!?

only if you are afraid....you said yourself above...people are afraid....
    the system of law relys on fear.....
    if you are not afraid...then you can walk down the street smoking a bowl....i do it all the time.....and have for many years.....
    i am not afraid .....and i am not the only one...

my original point was and still is....
    those rules only have as much effect on you as you allow them to have.....
    and regardless of that effect....people will still break the rules/laws everyday....

so....gonna answer this one yet? do you not ever break any rules/laws?

6. I already answered your last question. I said I make it a habit to not speed because I dont want to risk being pulled over.

I've already explained my point, i'm not going to continue repeating myself.

7. thats avoiding the question....
    not answering it at all.....
    so you have never smoked weed.........?

8. yes I smoke it but I damn sure dont out freely in public due to the laws. Why do I have to keep repeating that we are forced to take precautions because of the laws. It has nothing to do with "how much I let it effect me" because the risks of being caught/fined/arrested are real.

9. i havent figured out why you keep repeating it yet? ...im not going to agree...you make your own choices....and being forced to do something ...is a choice you make to comply.....it really is up to you

so you do break the law even tho there is risk of punishment....
    and the fear of that punishment ...effects how you do it....

it has everything to do with how much you allow your fear to control your actions.....this is "how much you let it effect you"

yes everything.....;):smoke:

reality is......you can get away with it.....people do every day.....
    so if you are afraid....and alter your actions out of fear of punishment.....it is a choice you are making......

example:(true story)
    there is a law that says you cannot drink alcohol until you are 21-
    my cozen is NYPD
    at his wedding....were 90% of the guest were active law enforcement....

they (the cops) were all feeding every underage kid there as much alcohol as they could .....drunk 12 yr olds everywhere.....

i do not drink......

so when everyone went out side for a smoke break.....
    i stood right there in the middle of all those cops and lit the blunt...and stood there talking to them as i smoked it......

the law is a joke......;):smoke:

and it only has as much control over you as you allow it to have

10. I probably shouldn't, but as soon as someone tells me they are quite religious, I'm very judgemental. I just think if you are a clever person who takes time to sit down and truly question your beliefs, you'll find some doubt.

11. #71 Kush Lord, Aug 10, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 10, 2011

I choose to take precautions when necessary because if I dont i'll have a higher chance of being FINED/ARRESTED. If I dont watch my speed there is a chance I will get pulled over. I cant disobey traffic laws all I want, there are police looking out for it, you put yourself in the position to be pulled over. You still dont get it.

I dont care if you lit a blunt in front of those cops....do it around other cops and youll be in trouble.

12. your still scared and describing your fear.....;):smoke:

not true....i smoke where i want when i want...including walking down main st right passed the copshop.....
    how do i get away with it?
    i am not afraid......
    i dont draw any attention to myself by acting afraid....

just a few days ago i had a cop stop and talk to me while i was walking down my street smoking a blunt.....
    he stopped and asked if i was ok...wanted to make sure i wasnt drunk ...cus i was walking down the road barefooted....:eek:;):smoke:
    i showed him the respect he felt he deserved...i pinched the cherry off and didnt relite it till he has gone....after he apologized for bothering me on an nice morning walk....
    the law is a joke....
    most of those responsible for its enforcement dont really give a shit....

any effect it has on how you live ....is a choice you are making.....

you said yourself ....you chose to take precautions.....
    i chose to put the blunt out till i finished talking to the cop in the street...out of respect....
    you keep saying you choose to take precautions out of fear.....

still choices....

still no obligation.....

and most people break the traffic laws .... they are the most commonly broken laws there are.....

unless there is too much traffic to move...i have never been on an interstate hwy where anyone was going the speed limit.....;):smoke:

13. Smoking a blunt or a joint may fool the cops but if they see you hitting a pipe you cant tell me that they wont come after you. I'm not going to walk down the streets here hitting a pipe, there are cops all over. It doesnt matter what I think, if a cop sees me hitting a pipe i'm getting in trouble.

I dont want/like fines or being arrested so I have to take precautions in order to not get caught. If I make a habit of speeding I make myself vulnerable to being pulled over. It DOES NOT matter what I think.

I bet you wouldnt break traffic laws when a cop is behind you.

14. the point is ....who gives a fuck!?
    so fucking what they have laws....

and you are scared of them......
    good for you....

some of us still chose to smoke where we want when we want.....

and are not obligated to follow shit.......

yes it fucking matters what you think....as what you think has everything to do with how you act ....and how you act has everything to do with weather they fuck with you or not......

act like you are up to something...or hiding something....you call attention to yourself....and cause your own trouble

act like you have nothing to hide and be not afraid.....
    they wont look at you twice......

you are still deciding just how much control the law has over you....
    no one elts is doing it for you

btw....i break the same traffic laws when the cop is around as i do when he is not.....if i go passed the cop on the side of the road with the radar gun in hand.....
    i only slow down to just under 10mph over the limit;):smoke:
    fuckem!

15. Being christian doesnt make you dumb, and being dumb doesnt make u a christian. You could just be stupid cuz thats how you were born :D ha

16. Acting confident and invincible isnt going to work with the cops over here. I can assure you this. Dont even tell me that the police would allow it.

Same with breaking traffic laws. If you break a traffic law when a cop is behind you, you have a high chance of being pulled over.

Example: I usually dont make full 3 second stops at stop signs, if a cop is around then I make sure I stop for 3 seconds. People get pulled over all the time for this.

17. because you are afraid of the punishment.....you have made this clear....you live in fear of the law....
    a fear fostered by the government that is supposed to be looking out for you

still does not obligate me to follow those same laws......
    like it or not......

18. Its not about fearing the law, i'm just not dumb enough to smoke weed and break traffic laws in front of cops. Having a "no fear attitude" may work where you live but that shit isnt going to work here. No cop here will allow you to smoke weed out in public whether you fear it or not, I cant believe you're being serious.

19. i cant believe you allow the law to have so much control over your actions.....
    oh no wait ...yes i can....cus so many people do the same

but not everyone.......

we dont all live like you do.....

and i am serious

btw...there is more to the attitude then just "no fear";):smoke: that is only a part of it....

some of us were simply born to break these rules and laws....

some of us could not possibly care less about the laws/rules and those supposed to enforce them....

following the laws of a government ....is no different then following anything elts....
    it is a choice.....

you choose to live in fear.....

thats your choice....
    and many make the same choice....

meanwhile many do not......

its ok....the government has spent ridiculous amounts of time and money to convince you to be scared.....you are doing exactly what they want.....
    instead of living how you feel....
    you live how you are told.....

still a choice......

20. Arm the populace, abolish government.