christianity and weed

Discussion in 'General' started by jam.h, Aug 20, 2007.

1. if anyone could shed some light on this for me i'd be happy.

i always figured (w/o ever reading the bible (i'm not christian)) that god, or whomever, put the plant on this earth for us but i'd like to hear what is actually stated in the bible. is it for the plant or is it against it

tanks gc

2. I agree with you infact I posted a simular post to this one, I think all drugs were put there by the Earth(god).

Drugs like Weed and Magic mushrooms or any plant drug should be legal. I think the Earth wants to be used. So we should just use them!!!!

3. in the bible it states. Any seed bearing plant should be used by mankind.

there you go its for it.

4. Genesis 1:29.Then God said, "Behold, I have given you every plant yielding seed that is on the surface of all the earth, and every tree which has fruit yielding seed; it shall be food for you."

5. The bible doesnt endorse weed. I see that quote so often as a justification for weed smoking but the honest answer is that marijuana is not addressed in the bible. I know some else will probably come in here talking about moses and cana bosm but that has already been proven to be a mistranslation. Genesis 1:29 obviously isnt literal, most of the bible isnt literal. We all know that there are seed yeilding plants that are poisonous, are those good for you?

People need to stop reading so far into the bible. People who smoke weed find ways to make passages about smoking weed. People who hate gays make the passages against gays. People who run crazy lunatic cults make the passages to support their crazy lunatic ideas. The bible has nothing to say about weed, the point of the bible is so far beyond weed smoking and all the other trivial bs that people think is important.

6. Modern Christianity has condemed cannabis, but it was used in the bible days. Even Jesus used it.

7. i think marijuana is ment to be eaten not smoked and definitely not to be used in order to "get closer to GOD". It says in the bible to keep your temple(body) pure...face it...smoking anything will damage your lungs to some extent making your temple far from pure.

8. Sounds to me like youre supposed to eat it, not smoke it. But really now, its totally ignorant to try to interpret the bible in such a form.