Christianity and Marijuana

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by bsyde82, Feb 13, 2009.

1. the whole point is to have a relationship with god and not just follow his rules.
    God wants you to have a relationship with him

2. I'm a toking Christian as well.

Unhealthy obsession is sinful, but smoking as medicine or occasional recreation is surely no sin. Alcohol is worse for the body, but Jesus turned the water into wine at that shindig, so I'm pretty sure we're in the clear. ;)

3. Only if you ignore the rest of the new testament. :rolleyes:

4. I'm a Christian and I smoke.

My thought on it is this... Too much of anything can be bad. If you smoke to just get high and mellow out then that's probably not a good enough reason. But if you want to do it. It's your life and do what feels right for you.

I smoke, to help my body deal with pain. I also smoke to help me spiritually. I feel angelic and closer to Glod when I'm high. Why would something that makes you happy and laugh and is natural be frowned upon. Unless the 11th commandment was don't smoke herb.... who knows.

5. This should settle it for you.:)

"Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed and to you it will be for meat." (Genesis 1:29)

6. Way to ignore the rest of the thread.

7. Having fun there, Sam?

LOL!

Jesus is Lord. His teachings are in the gospels. If I chose to believe that everything else in the bible is 100% true, I'd be toking every day to kill the pain, until the inevitable descent. But you can believe whatever you want to.

Like I said, with medicinal use and occasional recreational use, I think we're in the clear. I'll say no more on the subject.

Peace.

8. I read the thread. Besides what business is it of yours if I read the thread or not?

9. Perhaps the Castor plant could be put to some constructive use we haven't discovered yet?

LOL it's called critical thinking.

10. LOL faux-intellectual snobbish atheism seems to be all the rage these days.:rolleyes:

11. would your opinion change if i told you to keep reading until the end of the verse.....

Then God said, "Behold, I have given you every plant yielding seed that is on the surface of all the earth, and every tree which has fruit yielding seed; it shall be food for you

cant eat hemp can you? less i didnt get that memo :wave:

12. #32 comeoriginal740, Feb 14, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 14, 2009
    marijuana isnt a fruit . . . :wave:.lol. you can eat the seeds from it though, theyre full of amino acids and proteins that are super good for you.but as for eating nuggs of weed strait,well not many people do that.and in all seriousness if the bible was for marijuana it would clearly be stated in there and if god intended for us to smoke it then all the christians would smoke it,because itd be gods will.

trust me ive gotten that verse 1 million times.

if you wanna use the verse in that context then what about poppy plants?

and it clearly states to stay "sober" in other verses in the bible.being blazed isnt being sober . . .

13. 1 Peter 5:8,9 - Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour: Whom resist stedfast in the faith, knowing that the same afflictions are accomplished in your brethren that are in the world.

there it is right there,your whole argument (biblically speaking) is over.:D

(took that from sam spades erlier post.)

14. nope.
    people have scored better on SATs, got better grades in school and even got work done while high.

Yknow that drug thats prescribed to ADD kids that helps them focus in class.
    well how could that be a sin if it helps them do better in life but they are actually not sober. they really are, the word is tossed around incorrectly

15. It's not a sin because christianity is a load of bullshit and in essence, is a drug all in itself. Rise above relgion, above the influence.

16. #36 comeoriginal740, Feb 14, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 14, 2009
    i have ADD.and would you like our cops being faded 24/7 like during a bank robbery? or how about our soldiers during hand to hand combat. and if you compare the success of 10 people with the same gpa and half of them start to blaze odds are the half that starts to blaze 3 times daily odds are that there will be a problem in their future.

and plus it may make you think your doing better in life but its known that marijuana causes depression later on in life, both my parents,myself,my brother and countless old highschool friends of mine are proof of that.

marijuana is not a miracle drug that cures add.if i never blazed id have made it through highschool.so ive proven that theory wrong by personal trial and error.

also ritilin(similar to cocaine with minor molecular changes) helped me way more than weed ever could in school,but id never take it again and i think that its a sin to try to "upgrade"the brain that god gave you.anyone with ADD can learn they just haveto build very strong self discipline.

and dude dont listen to everything doctors say,ritilin FUCKS you up,and so do alot of other meds, listen to the comercials on tv. in a quiet voice . . . may cause heart attack, stroke, death.MOST medications are just legal ways to sell drugs,antidepressants just get you hooked and then the drug companys make bank selling you more and more.

17. and anyways johnny it doesnt matter what i say. SOBER means SOBER.its written right there, idk wtf your trying to argue against. they dont call it high for no reason. high is not sober,do you agree?if so then your contradicting yourself in this argument.

im done in this thread,you cannt beat the SOBER statement in the bible.no one has any argument (Biblically). johnny,you either love to argue,or your a christian in denial. ADD doesnt need medication to be treated,only hard work.

18. Im a christian, and I believe that when we sin, we will feel convicted about it. I never have felt convicted by God to stop smoking weed.

19. I like how you guys say you believe this or that, but don't attempt to explain or reconcile the contradiction with the text that is supposedly the basis of your religion.

Have you not read the thing?

20. #40 bkadoctaj, Feb 16, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 16, 2009
    Supposedly because that's your belief. Some self-labeled Christians I know don't really read the Bible often. They just believe that Jesus Christ is their Lord and Savior. And they believe God Created this.

Now would you tell them they aren't Christian, especially when it shouldn't even concern you what they believe provided they aren't killing or hurting others?