Christiania: Copenhagen, Denmark

Discussion in 'General' started by Oni~, Aug 29, 2015.

1. #1 Oni~, Aug 29, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 29, 2015
    Spending a couple of months in Denmark and came upon Christiania. It is an old military base in the heart of Copenhagen long ago converted into a green friendly civilian living area, a rustic compound right next to the city center.

Herb and hash are freely sold in the bazaar and the overall mood is very chill. Every single vendor I spoke with was friendly, spoke fluent English and would enthusiastically educate you on anything you wanted to know about the herb.

Even if you partake there and then, you won't be the only one, and there are plenty of places to sit down, enjoy a meal or drink while firing up. Very refreshing to see something like that in the middle of one of Europe's cleanest, safest, and most advanced cities. Hat's off Danes!

The deals were fantastic, a good bit cheaper than in the US and some quality herb and selection. Life in Denmark just became a bit more interesting.

Highly recommend.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. That's awesome!! I'm Danish and have always wanted to go there, I grew up in Racine, Wisconsin which has the largest North American settlement of Danes outside of Greenland.The city is known for its Danish pastries, particularly kringle. Several local bakeries have been featured on the Food Network including O & H Bakery and Bendtsen's Bakery highlighting the pastry. Thanks for sharing!

3. You broke rule number 3
    Shaking my head

4. Nope. Never took pics of my own. Those are all easily pulled up with a Google search of Christiania.

5. Good on you