Christian Tokers?

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by Tinkerbell26, Jan 13, 2009.

1. Am i the only one? I believe in Jesus Christ but I think the church today is corrupt and not what Jesus intended it to be. IMO i think Jesus is horrified at what the church has turned into. I mean i dont go to church much i do bible study on my own. That way i can learn and interpret on my own. I have read the bible all the way through and i have seen no where that smoking pot is a sin. I see where God tells people basically to be careful. I mean the bible pretty much says enjoy but dont do it in excess. I wouldnt be surprised to find out that Jesus smoked pot i mean Jesus drank wine. I also dont see anywhere in the bible that says being gay is a sin. In soddam and gamorah God was mad that the people in the town tried to rape his angels cant we all agree rape is wrong? Also pedophilia was going on cant we all agree that is wrong? God was mad about that NOT about men going out with each other. I think Gods message mainly is treat each other with respect,try to help people when you can,and love everyone.....anywho enough babbling lol.

Any other Christian Tokers?Am i alone LOL:smoking:<----one is the loneliest number:(

2. You are not alone.....:cool:

3. No christian here, but whats your spin on this quote?

a little background on me:

went to a catholic school 2nd- 8th. never once believed in a higher being then me, even at age 6.

heres the pic
    [​IMG]

4. my spin on it ? Amen :D

5. #5 RAZORsharp, Jan 13, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2009
    amen --> i believe too!

just not the god part.

6. I personally am not a christian. The main reason is because of the people in my life that call themselves christians have some of the worst morals I have ever seen. I do believe that the bible has good values and virtues to apply in life. I believe most religions sacred documents do. The only problem comes when people start to alienate other religions and things like that.

7. or when christians claim atheism is a religion. if atheism is a religion, clear is a color and bald is a hairdo.

8. lol lol

9. Amen on the picture haha

10. "You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination"(Lev. 18:22)
    "If a man lies with a male as with a woman, both of them shall be put to death for their abominable deed; they have forfeited their lives." (Lev 20:13)
    "Or do you not know that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals, nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers, shall inherit the kingdom of God."(1 Cor. 6:9-10)
    "For this reason God gave them over to degrading passions; for their women exchanged the natural function for that which is unnatural, and in the same way also the men abandoned the natural function of the woman and burned in their desire toward one another, men with men committing indecent acts and receiving in their own persons the due penalty of their error. And just as they did not see fit to acknowledge God any longer, God gave them over to a depraved mind, to do those things which are not proper." (Rom. 1:26-28)
    "In a similar way, Sodom and Gomorrah and the surrounding towns gave themselves up to sexual immorality and perversion. They serve as an example of those who suffer the punishment of eternal fire." (Jude 7)
    "And reducing the cities of the Sodomites, and of the Gomorrhites, into ashes, condemned them to be overthrown, making them an example to those that should after act wickedly."(2 Peter 2:6)

Just sayin'.

11. #11 Tinkerbell26, Jan 14, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 14, 2009

Parts of the bible were taken out,edited,and removed....there are several books that werent put in the bible. Men have been very good at screwing with the word of God for eons.

http://www.mccnewcastle.org.uk/bible.htm but thats just my opinion and interpretation.

12. Christian toker right here.

13. #13 Floydian, Jan 15, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 15, 2009
    I take my religious views from Jimi Hendrix... I had the same views before I ever even knew of the man, he just articulated it in the best way.

Edit; A Jehova's Witness was at my door quoting the bible... I quoted Hendrix in reply.

14. That right there is why a lot of people have a hard time believing the bible. It's been around for such a long time, that who knows how much of it could have been change, added, or removed. I'm not discrediting it, I'm just saying this is a main reason why many people have trouble believing the bible.

15. one of my best friends is Christian, goes to church almost every day, and she tokes. you're not alone

16. I'm a christian and I smoke daily I don't like people telling me what to believe and not believe though I have to go with what I think is true which differs from conventional christianity somewhat but were basically on the same side

17. your def not alone buddy. you actually remind me alot of myself. i am a fellow christian too. i do have a porblem with the church these days. the catholic church is definitely too corrupt for me to even think about joining. i mean the frickin people in high power cover up all the child molestation and whatnot. i mean let the preists get married. i am a member of a non denominational church and i love it.

theres no "correct" way to go abou christianity, i say just learn yourself and believe what you wanna believe screw people telling you that your going to hell and judging you. Gods the one who judges in the end

18. You aren't alone at all...though I understand that it feels like a really lonely place. I was actually a theology major in college, and only picked up toking recently but it's become a bit of a firm passion for me. I totally understand your problems with the church too. Consider reading Kierkegaard, a theologian who loved Jesus but had a very hard time with the church. Cheers mate.

19. Im not a christian buwas sent to a christian school for 7 years(ironicly i got kicked out for having weed on me) and use to go to church to and all I have to say to the OP is is says very clearly in the Bible being gay is wrong leviticus 18:22 and i really think when christians say it could have been changed/added to or removed it is kinda a excuse like me saying the ten commandments were added later by someone so I can go murder someone if I please. not tryin to anger anyone just my 2 cents:D

20. Not alone at all, bud. I'm Roman-Catholic and loves teh mary jane. :smoking: