Christian Soldiers?

Discussion in 'General' started by The Crunge, Mar 27, 2012.

1. I honestly don't know where to begin. Your lack of an understanding of the issue and of science in general is both thoroughly appalling and concerning. I suggest you take you're own advice and look at the word of "scientific shit" more often.

Lets start with the obvious; the word theory does not mean the same thing when applied to scientific analysis as when used in normal conversation. For something to even been called a scientific theory it must follow 3 rules of scientific rigour:

1) The theory must state an explanation or relationship
    2) The theory must offer predictions about the consequences of this explanation or relationship if it is true
    3) The theory must offer testable predictions, that can be proven or disproven with current experimental knowledge.

I draw your attention to point 3. To be even called a theory in science, said theory has to be able to be proven or disproven with current experimentation. Thus just because it is called the big bang THEORY does not mean it cannot be proven. In fact the most accurate experiment ever conducted, in which the error bars were too small to be shown on the graph, was the red shift experiment which effectively proved the big bang.

I've written so much already I will just say this about the rest of what you said. The cause of the dinosaurs death is still unclear, homo sapiens have existed for far longer than 5k years, we've know we are not the only life bearing planet for at least 50 years, and yes, the planet is definitely held in place by gravity. The suns gravity. It's the big nuclear ball in the sky. You might have seen it on the discovery channel

2. Contradiction #1

If you want more contradictions, try reading the bible.

*drums* badumchhh!

ha haaaaaaabut no really.

3. Oh the irony is killing me like Zimmerman killed Trayvon. It's really as simple as saying "I don't want to discuss it" and proceeding on with your day. If you feel the need to adamantly argue your beliefs with anyone that thinks different than you, then you should be the one growing some thicker skin.

4. Only posting so the christfags can see my signature

5. No it wouldn't.

Humans are fragile creatures, and a simple snap of the neck can end their existence. As can a stab to the chest, or drowning someone.

Guns just make it much easier then it already is to kill someone.

To say that killing someone without a gun is hard, is a statement is ignorance.

6. Now I ask the atheists out there; is this really the kind of person you want on your side, one who isn't even mature enough to not use insulting names? Go home kid and let the adults discuss.

7. I disagree, if we all somehow came to the agreement that all wars are to be fought with our bare fists, there would be much less deaths and conflicts would be settled a lot quicker because people would be fuckin tired.

8. You can disagree all you want; you're still wrong. Ancient tribes had way more ways of brutally murdering people LONG before guns were even a thought.

9. I think you've missed the point. The argument being made is that absolutely no religious beliefs should be considered when making public policy decision and creating laws. Teaching creationism in science class for instance, despite the entire scientific community rejecting it as an explanation

10. Then just say that. Also, by not teaching any religious beliefs, teachers would not be able to tell students "God isn't real" like I hear so many atheists advocate for.

11. Teachers shouldn't be able to tell kids that. Most intelligent kids will be able to figure out that god doesn't exist on their own

12. I have yet to encounter an atheist who wants that. Every time I've heard it discussed it's been lets keep religion in the RS class and science in the science class.

Besides saying God definitely doesn't exist is also a scientifically invalid argument, because it contains no testable predictions or data

13. Although they haven't explicitly said it, this thread is full of them.
    At least you're willing to admit it.

14. For any atheists in this thread, do any of you think teachers should be allowed to explicitly deny the existence of god to a pupil? Speak now or forever hold the fucking peace from this argument

15. #115 Bulb Fiction, Apr 2, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 2, 2012
    Lol wut? I said "it would be a lot harder to kill people without guns." and you said "Guns just make it much easier then it already is to kill someone." Harder without, and easier with, sound like the same thing to me.

Also, how many simple neck snaps have you done? Because I know I have fired many bullets easily.

16. Just because something makes a task easier doesn't mean that task would be harder without it. Take lighting a bowl for example. Lighters make lighting a bowl much easier. However, lighting a bowl without one would still be simple; you could use candles, matches, hemp wick lit on the stove, a lit cigarette, the list just goes on.

17. #117 Nalian, Apr 2, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 2, 2012
    This is where you keep failing to pay attention.

I don't care about your beliefs or what you are saying here on the internets. I care that the beliefs of christians are forming laws in my country. Because of these BELIEFS my marriage cannot cross state lines. That's where the problem is.

There is no such thing as growing thicker skin to not be affected by laws.

There is a such thing as growing thicker skin for Christians to not be offended by same-sex marriage.

If you can't understand the difference there - then there is no point in continuing a conversation with you, you don't pass the bar for there to be a meaningful conversation. You're just one of the many arrogant who feel their beliefs need to control the lives of others for the purpose of being comfortable with the world around them.

18. Really Jeff? Your just arguing for the sake of arguing.

19. Just admit you're wrong. I gave a perfect example of how people easily killed others long before guns, the last example was obviously a stretch but still possible.

20. Are you now trying to argue that killing is not easier with guns?