Christian Soldiers?

Discussion in 'General' started by The Crunge, Mar 27, 2012.

1. You make it sound like a majority of people who follow religion are murderers when it's really just a very small minority. You and everyone like you needs to get over the fact that your Mommy and Daddy made you do something you didn't want to do for one hour a week when you were younger. It's not healthy to hold this much hatred.

2. It is not a small minority, first of all. And you need to stop assuming we all went to church when we were younger, I hope you are aware there is a vast amount of reasons why people become atheists. And yes, I have hatred towards religion, but that is because religion caused my hatred.

3. Right. Over 51% of Christians murder in the name of God. Do you believe a it's the majority of Islams that kill in the name of Allah too? If a groups opinion can get under you skin so much, especially when you say you're an atheist (their opinion shouldn't matter to you, right?) then you should really toughen up.

4. Yes, I can't have emotion towards a groups opinion on things. Especially when said group believes that I will burn in hell forever, along with the rest of the world that doesn't suck the cock of their imaginary friend. :rolleyes:

And actually, if you look at statistics, more then half of the people incarcerated for murder are religious.

5. Correlation without causation. Did they commit murder in the name of God? I bet most of them didn't. And if you think God and Hell are fake it shouldn't matter what anyone thinks is going to happen to you when you're dead.

6. It does matter! It pisses me off because human beings actually believe and preach these things.

7. It's annoying how everyone pretty much tells kids that Heaven and Hell are fact, instead of coming from a logical, scientific, unbiased point of view. Nobody should force children into a religion. Religion is something strictly for adults. Teach kids every religion, and let them decide for themselves what makes sense and relates to them. If your kid wants to be muslim, let him. If he wants to be a taoist, let him.

8. You're right, but science hasn't provided every answer either.

9. [quote name='"jeffadamski93"']

You're right, but science hasn't provided every answer either.[/quote]

I'm just saying...

10. Science has provided us with the best understanding of life, and it's origin.

11. its as simple as not listening to it. and don't say you cant because its everywhere. im surrounded by christians, as is the entire country (im from the USA, and im pretty sure ur not but still), yet i somehow manage to avoid most conversations about god/christianity/religion.

in fact, the only time i even see/hear something about religion is when i come on here and see another atheist bashing it.

i dont even like telling people im atheist because of how big of assholes atheists can be. i'd rather not be associated with that when no christians i know are bothering me in the slightest bit.

btw, atheists like to preach about how there is no god as much as any religion likes to say there is a god. :rolleyes:

12. #72 Iraqiunit, Mar 28, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 28, 2012
    who are you brian? you seem to think like this;
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9IprePwGGXI]Family Guy religion and AA club - YouTube[/ame]

when thats just not the case at all
    stop blaming religion for mankinds Darwinism and brain makeup.

13. Not when they detrimentally affect your life every day.

14. After all, we're only the product of evolution :rolleyes:

15. theres really no disputing that evolution, but to act like that means there is no god or w/e is just ignorant.

16. dude it means thou shall not kill without proper guidance, the knight templers were a monastic order of monks who killed Muslims for god and the Catholic Church in the middle east...since when does something like the commandments effect someone with a direct line to god.. catholics just to pick one church that purports to adhere to the commandments has killed millions throughout history in the name of god...crusades...inquisitions... oppression of any other christian religion for centuries. See at the bottom of the tablet the ten commandments are written on it says in fine print "these are merely suggestions".

17. u ever heard of Diogenes of sinope or the dog, cynic.. u shud look him up if u havent

18. lol what about all the Holy wars? or the killing of woman or the....countless other times in history where Christians killed people they didnt like?

19. Commandments don't stop anyone from breaking them. It's obvious that we have a free will to decide.
    BTW is that a true story in your signature? :p

20. Yes, I am very much like Brian when it comes to views on religion.