Christian Soldiers?

Discussion in 'General' started by The Crunge, Mar 27, 2012.

1. I think the point of the post was:
    Murder and go to hell according to the bible.
    People do it anyway, so must know they are going to hell
    disregard logic and just believe in heaven cos they think they deserve it
    end up rotting in the ground.

umad jesus?

2. F*ck the bible.

3. Christians are only followers of the bible when it suits them, and only the parts of it that suits them.

4. I've never met a deeply religious person that wasn't at least 40% hypocrite. They love their beliefs when it suits them, and forget them when it doesn't. I would like to meet 1 christian who chose to be a christian after careful research and consideration, most were thrust into their religion by parents who were also forced into it. Religion has evolved into a way to separate people, and justify wars. "God is great, but religion has destroyed his legacy!!!"

5. That rule didn't stop the Crusaders.

6. all of you are just using this thread as fuel for your irrational hatred towards Christianity. you must feel oh so superior. as long as there are people like you, trampling on the backs of their fellow man to feel superior, we will continue to live in this fucked up, war filled world.

7. As long as there is religion, we will continue to live in a fucked up, war filled world. :rolleyes:

8. [quote name='"blazethatgreen"']

As long as there is religion, we will continue to live in a fucked up, war filled world. :rolleyes:[/quote]

Some people need religion plain and simple, people are challenged in life and get lost well having faith in something keeps them motivated (IMO)

9. because of a little note made of 80% cotton ( Money )

When the economy plummets people have no option but to join the army. Just like women sell their body for sex... Same concept

10. #30 Blaze, Mar 27, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 28, 2012

That was just a declarative statement, that is like me saying "Some people need Pepsi plain and simple, people are challenged in life and get lost, having Pepsi keeps them motivated."

Except Pepsi doesn't start wars.

11. #31 LaCurandera, Mar 27, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2012
    People need to get their facts checked. If you make strawmen out of everything in every book that you disagree with, makes you look pretty damn stupid. Or simply makes the stupidity visible.

Original phrasing; Thou shalt not murder.
    Defending one's own country is biblically acceptable, but attacking is not.

So those believers who are fighting the "war on terror" are indeed very much attacking.
    The US government started the war via false-flag operations (as taught by the Hegelian dialectic)
    and media sensationalism (i.e. "True patriots join to defend our country").

And since Knights Templars were the ancient Freemasons, they were not christian at all.
    Ever heard of a manipulation technique called; Abusing a faith as a tool of control?

12. Lol, this thread was started as an obvious poke aimed at Christians. Don't get offended people are just expressing their opinions. It is not irrational for people to hate religions, most religions hate each other anyway. Religion has caused most of the wars in the history of the world. It is irrational to only hate Christians, we have to equally hate all religions that promote intolerance of other religions.

13. [quote name='"blazethatgreen"']

That was just a declarative statement, that is like me saying "Some people need Pepsi plain and simple, people are challenged in life and get lost, having Peopsi keeps them motivated."

Except Pepsi doesn't start wars.[/quote]

Neither do soldiers, the government does, and Pepsi blows all about that coke

14. [quote name='"Mendi769"']

Neither do soldiers, the government does, and Pepsi blows all about that coke[/quote]

"pepsi" was substituting religion, not soldiers .

15. [quote name='"Purpleface"']

"pepsi" was substituting religion, not soldiers .[/quote]

Haha I'm playing I'm not dumb well maybe in some of yalls views, but no I'm not dumb

16. religion doesn't cause wars, people do. you can say religion causes wars all day, it isn't true. its not an actual tangible thing. people reading into their religion the wrong way (since they all promote peace im sure), are what causes wars.

im tired of people blaming religion for shit that goes on in the world. its the ignorant followers of the religion that make it look bad towards others. this goes for christianity, islam, and any other religion that people follow the wrong way.

and honestly, all the people in this thread talking shit about christians look just as ignorant as the "christians" who talk shit about others all the time.

just smoke some weed and let people do what they want to do. if they want to believe in god and whatever, let them. im not religious btw, just sick of people hating others for their views.

17. q.f.t.

18. #38 Bulb Fiction, Mar 27, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2012
    Yes and guns don't kill people, people kill people, but it would be a lot harder to kill people without guns. People are naturally violent and hateful, and religion is an awesome conduit for people to vent that. It's not the tangible things that destroy, it's the ideas, and religion has started a lot of those ideas.
    Who says they all promote peace, how sure you, have you ever read religious texts? Several of them are steeped in violence, murder, and mutilation. You can't say who has it wrong or right it's up for interpretation and that is where the corruption overrides the positive aspects.

I never knock the believers. I am a believer myself, but organized religion has had an overall detrimental effect on society throughout history.

When I said hate before I was being sarcastic btw.

19. #39 Autechra, Mar 27, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2012

Yes, that was the point I was making in highlighting the Crusades- that religion has the potential to be extremely immoral.

And don't be a smartass. They wanted to regain the holy land out of Christian significance, they prayed to the Christian God, they followed the Bible. Even if they weren't technically Christians saying 'they were not christian at all' is ridiculous.

20. Apparently you've never heard of the Knights Templar, or hell Holy Wars? How about the Spanish Inquisition, witch hunts, castration? How about Catholic priests world wide banging little kids?

Fuck religion.