Christian Soldiers?

Discussion in 'General' started by The Crunge, Mar 27, 2012.

1. Thou shalt not kill

How can Christians join the army if they aren't allowed to kill?

2. Because this is the Holy War!

GOD WANTS US TO KILL THE BROWN PEOPLE!

Even though Jesus was a brown guy...

3. I'd hate to see poor old Jesus trying to go through todays American customs

4. ill give the explanation that my pastor gave me. "its differnt cuz itz fur ur cuntree" thats why i no longer go to church. murder is murder unless its in self defense. america are the aggressors, there for they are murderers.

5. Do they sell these "Cuntrees" at Lowes or Home Depot?
    Like in the lawn and garden section?

I want a cunt tree

6. any religion can be crafted into inspiring it's followers to kill whoever the leaders' want...

it's up to the ingenuity of those in charge.

religion is BAD, duh...

7. Fuck Jesus.

8. Hell, how can female Christians who teach or serve in a position of power justify their beliefs with Timothy 2:12?

The world may never know. ;)

9. i was mocking the typical blind patriot way of speaking...

10. pretty sure all christians need to do to go to heaven is believe jesus is the son of god.

you can rape, kill, whatever you want as long as you believe that.

plus god was tellin people to kill and shit in the old testament. now all of a sudden he wants to change it up? god is a hypocrite

11. Because God is fake.:cool:

12. God spelled backwards is dog, so dogs are our god. I choose when to feed my dog.

13. Because... Because WAR!

14. in a just war, it is perfectly fine for a Christian to fight. he is protecting his life and liberty as well as the life and liberty of his countrymen. in an unjust war (iraq and afghanistan), Christians should not fight, but they often do. this is wrong. for Christians and everyone else. no one should volunteer to fight an unjust war.

the Ten Commandments are a very simple guidline. they are elaborated upon in the rest of the Bible. take this passage for instance... Ezekiel 33 "... 6 'But if the watchman sees the sword coming and does not blow the trumpet, and the people are not warned, and a sword comes and takes a person from them, he is taken away in his iniquity; but his blood I will require from the watchman's hand.'

now this passage obviously refers only to fighting JUST wars. the Bible makes it clear that one is supposed to preserve his own life and the lives of others when they are threatened. if you do not, it is considered sin.

the commandment "thou shalt not kill" and the above passage might seem contradictory, but they are not. "thou shalt not kill" refers to killing in vengence. killing in defense of yourself and your people are absolutely allowed by the Bible.

with that said, i can clearly see that this thread was started as a thinly veiled attack at Christians. if you value peace and unity in society, you will not try to cause this sort of division.

15. how can priests sodomize children
    human beings are hypocritical as fuck, is this news to you

16. Cuz Christians are silly

17. b/c they have a mind and making decision for themselves. Also if you sign up and you go over, if your getting shot at, most likely your going to shoot back....and i bet religion is not going through your mind at the period of time

18. Which is why they signed up to be a pog in a transnational war machine while they get killed and profiteer executives make trillions :rolleyes:

19. #19 angstrom, Mar 27, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2012
    that would be an unjust war. perhaps you should read my earlier post.

the sad thing is, alot of well meaning young men join the military wholeheartedly thinking they are doing a good deed. the government and the media takes advantage of our warrior culture. we go to war thinking we are doing good, thinking we are protecting our families, while behind the scenes greedy fat men count their money and watch their influence grow.

how were us young men to know what was really going on? we grew up thinking the news was only for adults, and before we even reach adulthood we are coerced to join up. completely uninformed, innocent young men rush headlong into war. they die for greedy fat men's purposes. shame on anyone who speaks ill of these young men. they are taking part in a tradition that used to be good. they are being taken advantage of. its one of the most perverse things ever to happen on this planet.

20. [quote name='"BuffaloSoljah"']
    Which is why they signed up to be a pog in a transnational war machine while they get killed and profiteer executives make trillions :rolleyes:[/quote]

Ever thought of it as a way to pay for college, start a life? Not everyone can go do what they want