Christian answers only ( no offense)

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by Hepheastus420, Jul 10, 2011.

1. Alright, so I have been thinking about salvation at what is required of us and I have been getting really depressed thinking that I am not saved and can spend eternity in hell. I know once your saved you will go to heaven. But how do you know u are saved? I mean Jesus wants us to lean towards being perfect with all our heart. So I'm sure we all know we do not try our hardest at this, because I know if I did I wouldn't even have a pc to type this on. I think we make it sound easy to accept salvation, and Jesus wants us to have it but we walk away from it by sinning. So we keep walking away from salvation everyday but think we are not sinning, but truth is we sin 24/7. And I know I don't have it in me to drop everything and just live like Jesus did. But that is what is required of us according to jesus . Mathew 16:24 Then Jesus said to his disciples, “Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross and follow me. 25 For whoever wants to save their life[a] will lose it, but whoever loses their life for me will find it. 26 What good will it be for someone to gain the whole world, yet forfeit their soul? Or what can anyone give in exchange for their soul? Please give your thoughts and no arguing. God bless.

2. Accept christ and try to live like he did. No one is perfect, and no christians follow the bible to the t anymore. If they did, just about everyone would have been stoned, and not in the good way. But that's old testament, and not how Jesus would have lived.

I'm not a Christian, so sorry for replying, but my opinion on the matter is to not worry so much on semantics, and just try to be the best person you can. That is your salvation

3. I agree, just do your best everyday while realizing that some days you will fall short of your goals, and that's ok you're only human.

And I am not Christian either, I don't believe in any organized religion, as I think it takes away from the core values of said religion.

Just live your life, the way you think it should be lived. Salvation is what you make of it.

4. Even Jesus weakened while on the cross.....forgiveness and doin the best you can is all you can do.........NOONE is perfect:smoke:

5. #5 TuskenRaider420, Jul 10, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 10, 2011
    Well what I was told when I became saved was to except god into you heart and ask for forgiveness and etc. It was easy at the time when I did it and i didn't really feel much had changed and i was young at the time. But when i looked back at it when I was older and my relationship with god grew and was stronger I felt as if he was pulling at my heart to become truly saved and I did feel different this time I felt spiritually uplifted and cleansed. I know I was told I should try to change my ways and be a better person more christianly once i was saved but it's still hard and I always try and better my self. But god knows we can't be perfect and I think it's trying to better your self that counts most, and I think you'll know when it time for yourself to be saved it's like when people feel called to preach except it you'll be called to being saved.

Hope this helped a little, but if not sorry thats just kind of my experience and knowledge.

6. (not arguing) but that's the thing though, If people really wanted to stop sinning (including me) we would sell alot of our stuff. Give the money to starving kids and live in another country spending the rest of your life trying to help the world, idk that's the way I see it. Maybe I just feel really guilty of how undeserving I am of eternal salvation, thanks though. Really appreciate it.

7. Religion is intuitive, but the values it teaches are counter-instinctive. All life forms have a uncontrollable desire for survivability (lemmings don't really jump off cliffs). To a greater extend all matter that uses energy uses the least amount of energy possible.

We often let these things get in the way of helping our fellow human beings.

8. Hey brother,
    There is nothing required of us in order to be saved. Nothing we "do" will earn us salvation, it is strictly from the grace of God because we don't deserve it (Ephesians 2:8-9). There are many signs to know you are truly saved. Here is one, Romans 10:9-10
    The Spirit of God causes one to confess with their mouth Jesus as Lord and believe in their heart that God raised Him from the dead. Your life should be centered in Christ and if it's not just pray to God that He will cause that. Be patient for the conviction, it will come. If you truly believe, your life will reflect that belief. Make Christ LORD over your life.

"There is no one who isn't already saved, that wants to be saved."

I hope this helps bro. If you have ANY questions feel free to ask via this thread, PM or my profile :)

Love,
    Meddlehaze

9. #9 Edge69, Jul 10, 2011
    Read the book of Jude. It's one of the shortest (if not the shortest) book in the bible.

In there somewhere it says you must contend for the faith of the saints. I like this word "contend". It's not often used outside boxing or competitive fighting. It speaks to me because it says we can actually fight to have the same level of faith that any one of the saints had. We have that capacity. Regardless of baggage, that's powerful to me.g

10. well first off, quit that devils weed

11. refer madness! lol
    quit only if you're convicted to quit

12. nah, but as long as everything you do is out of the intent of love, you're good

13. the road to hell is paved with good intentions

14. I find life too important, too valuable, to concern it's expenditure with concern of the aftermath.

Live your life and love it, for everything it is.

15. heaven and hell was added 200 years after the bible was written. about the same time when the church started to make a business out of it... dont fall for that bullshit man. it has nothing to with jesus teachings at all

do you even know what the word 'sin' means? translated from latin, it means to miss the point. as i see it, the point is to kill the ego - to deny yourself - so that you can enter an innered state refered metaphoricly to as heaven.

mushrooms advice aint bad either.
    its your life. dont create fear and greed and make the best out of it :smoke:

16. #16 meddlehaze, Jul 10, 2011

I'd love to know where you got this information man.

Also, the mark or point is the Law which is perfection or blamelessness

Here is the entire Greek definition of the word "sin"
    hamartia - ἁμαρτία
    1) to be without a share in
    2) to miss the mark
    3) to err, be mistaken
    4) to miss or wander from the path of uprightness and honour, to do or go wrong
    5) to wander from the law of God, violate God's law, sin
    6) that which is done wrong, sin, an offence, a violation of the divine law in thought or in act
    7) collectively, the complex or aggregate of sins committed either by a single person or by many

17. I believe thats the point. You arent supposed to believe you deserve salvation, even if you do sell all your stuff, donate the profits to charity/the church, and live the rest of your days as a priest. Even the Pope will say he isnt deserving.

To think you deserve it is a sign of pride, which is a sin.

18. Thanks blades. But yeah I know I will never deserve it but he wants us to try as hard as we can and I just don't think I'm trying my hardest. Man I'm complaining alot, ha.

19. We don't deserve it, which is humbling.
    We also can't earn it bro. Isaiah said all of our good deeds are like used menstral rags to God. All we need to do is have Jesus, Lord over our lives. That means to make Him King and not ourselves :)

I hope you read my response on the first page. Romans 10:9-10

20. I personally believe

the poor in spirit
    those who mourn
    the meek
    those who hunger and thirst for righteousness
    the merciful
    the pure in heart
    the peacemakers
    those who are persecuted for righteousness' sake

will all make it to Heaven,
    Matthew 5 - Passage Lookup - New King James Version - BibleGateway.com

God doesn't expect perfection from us, but He does expect us to at least follow these three, faith, hope, and love.

1 Corinthians 13 - Passage Lookup - New King James Version - BibleGateway.com

The thing is, to try your best, but realize you will never be perfect, but the fact that you tried with all your might, God has labeled that perfection..